Chapter 15

Hey, guys! Hope everyone's doing well. Once again, I apologize for not updating fast, like I promised I would because life is super unpredictable sometimes. So from now on, I'll update as quickly as I can without making any promises. Also, to assure you all, I will not abandon the story, and won't rest till I've completed it XD

Moving on, thank you to all the amazing readers who've taken an interest in this story! Your interactions encourage me to update as soon as I can. Nevertheless, chapter 15 is here so do comment and vote :D Happy reading!!

-----

Alfred Clemonte.

The name kept running like haywire in Harry's head the moment he had read it in the Daily Prophet. It also gave him a sudden urge to see Sirius, which was why he was sprinting towards the Gryffindor Tower. He could sense Ron and Hermione following close behind, but he couldn't focus properly. In fact, he couldn't concentrate on anything. The name, the man and the article were the only things crystal clear in his mind – along with the thought of contacting Sirius.

The Mirror of Divulgence rested in his dormitory, and Harry didn't realize he would need it so badly up till now. He weaved through the crowds of students and bumped into them along the way, not even stopping to apologize. Such was his haste to get to the mirror that he couldn't even hear the calls from Ron and Hermione, telling him to slow down.

"Hornet's nest!" Harry yelled as soon as he reached the Fat Lady. She gave him a baffled look as she allowed him in.

Some students were still loitering in the common room, but Harry ignored all of them as he bolted up the stairs to reach his empty dorm. Closing the door behind him, he went to his trunk and pulled the mirror out from its case. Then, after taking a deep breath, he declared Sirius's name in front of it.

It took his godfather a few, yet agonizing, seconds to appear on the silvery surface.

"Harry!" he exclaimed with a grin, "How's my –"

"Sirius, the man," Harry cut him short breathlessly, "The man is real."

Instantly, almost like magic, Sirius's face changed from delighted to shocked. Harry was thankful that he knew which man he was talking about.

"How did you know?" the older wizard asked, still surprised.

"An article in today's Daily Prophet," Harry said, "His name is Alfred Clemonte. He's a Ministry official. Didn't you see it?"

"Remus isn't here with my issue yet," Sirius answered, shaking his head, "What does the article say?"

"It's so weird," Harry said and then proceeded to tell him what he learned.

It seemed like Clemonte was part of a group that operated in the Ministry. Even though the Daily Prophet didn't specify the group, it did stress upon its importance. Apparently, Clemonte was supposed to make some decisions with the Ministry jury, but misfortune hit him and he got in an accident. Bizarrely, the newspaper didn't even specify the accident and just continued to say that he was now admitted to St. Mungo's, the hospital for magical people.

"They claimed he's hurt, but he'll survive," Harry finished. There was a long pause as Sirius contemplated his account, after which he said, "The secrecy is evident."

"I know, it's very dodgy," Harry sighed, "I can't help getting the feeling that the accident has something to do with the vision I had."

"It can be related to it," Sirius nodded.

Harry hesitated, but he voiced his concern, "It's just...what if Clemonte was attacked? By the unseen stranger I saw in my vision?"

"That's what I'm thinking, too," Sirius said, "Dumbledore must know about this. I reckon he will start some investigation soon."