Chapter 22: hearing

Y/N P.O.V
Today's the day that we're gonna prove that Erwin and the Survey corps are innocent. Me and James knew that we have strong evidence but knowing the MP's, they won't play fair. So we both decided that this strong evidence will be our hidden weapon. Me and James still feel nervous but quickly brushed the thought off and got ready for the hearing that was gonna happen in a couple of minutes.

 Me and James still feel nervous but quickly brushed the thought off and got ready for the hearing that was gonna happen in a couple of minutes

James: Y/N, do you think we'll win?

I shrugged and sighed.

You: i don't know. Let's just hope that the evidence that father gave us is enough to prove them innocent.

He sighed and i saw that tears were threatening to fall from his eyes. I sighed and hugged him. We stayed like that for a couple of minutes, when we suddenly heard a knock then the door opened. We looked at the door and saw Father himself. He gave us a small smile and went to us.

Father: come on, the hearing's gonna start.

We both nodded and broke away from the hug and followed Father to the court. We all arrived at the door and Father turned to us with a stern look on his face.

Father: I'll be the one to go first, you guys follow after me. Remember, walk in with confidence and authority.

Father opened the door and went in, we both waited until he's quite far from us and entered the court with our heads up and with a cold look on our faces, i held my fan with both hands and looked at the people in the court with a glare. All of them shivered because of our Aura, as me and James just smirked knowing that we got the reaction we wanted. We went to our stand and faced the MP's. The doors opened once again and we saw Erwin badly beaten. Me and James looked at Erwin with soft eyes. But our eyes averted as we heard Nile clear his throat. We both looked at him with the most deadliest glare we have and that made him shiver. Soon, we heard Dhalis clear his throat.

Dhalis: alright, we're all here today to decide the fate of Commander Erwin Smith from the Survey corps. The one who'll be defending Erwin will be none other than Princess Y/N Reiss and Prince James Reiss.

Nile: wait hold up, isn't it unfair that tge Royals will be the one who'll defend Erwin?

Some people agreeed while the MP's complained. We both looked at them annoyed and with hatred.