Peppermint Tea

Gemma P.O.V

I've been doing a lot of thinking today about Brad, Jake and Hugo.

Brad? My feelings for him are growing stronger. Our one-on-one conversations have been short, but villa life has gotten in the way. He is the boy I'm most attracted to. Those baby blue eyes could sway anybody. I've fallen victim to them.

Hugo? I didn't realise that guys like him still existed. I didn't realise that there were still single men like him. A heart of gold. We haven't kissed in any of the challenges, which I think is why the sexual chemistry is lacking. I don't want to rip his clothes off just yet. Maybe if he kissed me, I'd feel different?

Jake? He's a sound lad. Maybe a bit too laddish? Any chance of a relationship is dead in the water. I need to pull him for a chat tonight and see where his head is at.

Faye and I have managed to avoid each other all day. She even sat out on the terrace when Sharon and I were doing each other's makeup and hair. The tension has eased off a little bit. I spotted her talking to Hugo this afternoon, but it was short and snappy. If anyone is on worse terms than Faye and I, it's Faye and Brad. When he poured himself a drink of water, I wasn't sure if he would drink it or pour it over her head.

Brad has been checking up on me all day. He's been bringing me water, rubbing sun cream on my back, and taking my mind off things. I like to think it's flirty, but it's probably to wind Faye up.

I've matched a pale pink skater dress with some white converse and a white denim jacket. It's bitter cold tonight. Hopefully, the jacket should keep me warm, but if it doesn't, maybe a cuddle from Brad will do the job.

Brad, Toby, Kaz and I sit in front of the fire, making general chit chat about today's events. It's been a pretty chilled day - no major plot twists yet. I can tell Brad has made an effort tonight. His hair is styled immaculately and his cologne is extra scented. He has paired some blue ripped jeans with a grey sweatshirt and white converse. It's casual, but he pulls it off immaculately.

Kaz and Toby excuse themselves, leaving Brad and me to our own devices. I always get nervous when it's just Brad and me like I'll forget every word in the English language and embarrass myself drooling over his smile.

"You've got to tell me how your Nan makes that peppermint tea so good."

"Geordie secret." Brad winks.

"So are you actually from Newcastle?"

"Nah. I'm from a small town in Northumberland. It's just a village with loads of coffee shops. The lads and I always go to the same one."

"What drink do you get?"

"Peppermint tea." He chuckles. "Ironic, I know."

"Is it as nice as your nanna's?"

"Not even close." Brad shakes his head. "I'll make one for yas tomorrow morning. Leave it by your bed when you wake up."

We make conversation for a while about his friends back home, and the things they like to do in their home town.

"Are you cold?" Brad asks. My denim jacket is covering my shoulders but it doesn't offer much protection from the wind. Visible goosebumps have broken through my skin. "I'd give you my hoodie but it's inside."

"That's really sweet. I won't make you go and get it though."

Brad shuffles along the bench and closes the two-foot gap between us. Our legs press against one another's. He drapes his left arm around my shoulder, as if we were in the cinema watching some rom-com and he wanted to make a move. I cuddle into his side. His abs are rock solid, yet cosy and inviting. My head nuzzles into his shoulder and my eyes fall shut. He traces small shapes onto my arm, and our breathing falls in sync.