S2 - Chapter 16: Trial

Connor

Okay, I know what you're thinking. You're probably wondering what happened when Emiko and the others left Maria's room, leaving me and Angel alone with her.

The way Emiko described it, it made it sound extremely bad, so let me try to clear it up a little.

Angel's Mother made us cuddle....

Honestly, I didn't mind very much. Angel and I would sometimes cuddle when we were alone. But having her Mom watching us cuddle, was a little uncomfortable. I think she even took some pictures.

There, now that my name is cleared, let's move on.

After the meeting with Hades, Maria brought us into a huge part of the castle. It looked like a five star hotel, not a castle that dwelled deep within the underworld. It was divided into four separate rooms, with a huge living room and kitchen connecting them all.

Maria walked in with Emiko just as we were getting settled in. The second she saw the room, her eyes opened wide.

Emiko: "Oh my god, this place is fancy!"

Maria: "There are four bedrooms, and since we have four couples, this works out perfectly!"

Kaito and Frostine looked at each other, blushed a deep red, then looked away from each other out of embarrassment.

July was still holding onto Siyuka, mainly just hugging her arm. Siyuka looked seriously embarrassed while July just looked happy.

Emiko and Himari were talking on the couch, though they didn't seem to be phased by what Maria said at all.

Me and Angel on the other hand were blushing pretty hard. Yeah, we'd just slept in the same sleeping bag... but that's because it was freezing!

Connor: "Where's Idril going to sleep?"

Maria wrapped her arms around Idril and brought her into a hug.

Maria: "I'll let her sleep with me. And don't worry, I won't do anything to her~"

When me and Angel decided to go into our room just to get away from everyone else and relax, we realized something. There was only one bed.

Angel: "Why, Mom!!"

I sat down on the bed to try and figure out what to do.

Connor: "Uh.... I-It's fine, we'll just face away from each other"

Angel: "Connor..."

I turned to face her, however her hair was covering her face.

Angel: "I don't want to be embarrassed by this type of stuff anymore"

She grabbed me and pushed me down to the bed. She laid next to me, facing me.

Angel: "S-See, this isn't embarrassing at all"

We stared into each other's eyes. Angel grabbed my hand with hers and squeezed it tightly.

Angel: "I... know these embarrassing things tend to happen to us. But I just want to be with you, no matter how embarrassing it is. I want our relationship to grow larger and larger, but it can't happen if we keep avoiding it"

Connor: "I've been trying to keep you from feeling uncomfortable. I mean... sleeping with me would be super awkward—"

I was cut off with a sweet kiss from Angel. The second the kiss started, all my worries had disappeared. Everything about Nanami and The Fallen were pushed into the corner of my mind. All I cared about was Angel. She finally separated from me.