S2 - Chapter 6: Battle Of Lives

Connor

Connor: "What?! I have to fight him?!"

Skylar: "Nanami chose me to fight, so I will"

Nanami: "Both of you have something to fight for. Neither one of you will back down from this"

Nanami turned towards the spectators.

Nanami: "Today, my fellow Fallen! We will have a great battle between Skylar, the most recent addition to our group of elite former Demigods! And Connor, a new former Demigod who shows much promise!"

I wasn't exactly sure how I showed promise, but I just went along with it. And what did she mean by Elite? Was there a group of Demigods better than everyone else?

Nanami: "The winner of this fight will determine the fate of the two prisoners that were found just beyond our walls"

Her hand lit on fire until it was completely engulfed.

Nanami: "Let Duellum begin!!"

She tossed the fire into the air, which exploded in the sky, signaling the start of the battle.

I was expecting Skylar to run at me, however he just stood there, waiting for me to make my move. I tapped the gem on my ring.

Connor: "Mode One!!"

My ring morphed into the same sword it transformed into back at the blacksmith.

I quickly noticed that there was nothing in Skylar's hands.

Connor: "Um... where's your weapon?"

Skylar: "I'm my own weapon"

Skylar suddenly dashed towards me with incredible speed. He threw a fast punch at me, which I just barley managed to block with the blade of my sword. The impact sent me flying back a little.

Connor: "Holy crap! You're seriously strong!!"

His eyes turned cold.

Skylar: "You have no idea"

He turned his hands into fists and slammed them into the ground, shattering it on impact. He then grabbed a huge boulder from the ground and tossed it right at me, like it was nothing.

Without thinking, I swung my sword at it, and to my surprise, the sword cut the boulder right in half.

Connor: "Mode Two!"

My sword morphed into a long spear. The handle was wrapped in a long blue cloth, which felt incredible in my hands. The blade looked sharp enough to cut or pierce through anything.

 The blade looked sharp enough to cut or pierce through anything