*CHAPTER ELEVEN*

"Um, what am I supposed to do? From what I remember, you said that you will get us across the fold, SAFELY."

"I mean, I could but with your help, we could get there much quicker." he smirked.

If I would know yesterday what we were doing now, I wouldn't worry half as much as I did. Or maybe I would. Who knows. Anyway, after that talk, The Darkling let us know of his plan. And let me tell you, the way he made the plan it seem as he still though as he was at the Little Palace. His great plan was to, listen to this, magically find a small boat (or basically, something to travel ii), so then I could use my powers to push us through. Ok, that covers how we physically get there, but what about the volcra? Like yeah, if we stay quite and in dark, we should technically be ok. But still, not the best ideas of his. But then again, you can't really blame the guy since it's not an everyday expedition to get to the other side of the fold from here.

After a couple of hours (don't ask me how, because I honestly don't know), we finally found a boat, which was conveniently  big enough for three people. But then, we needed to make a sail so I could actually move us with the help of the wind. So after we couth a peace of wood and a piece of rope laying somewhere, we used The Darkling's cape to make it.

First part of the plan, check. But now the second. Of course we couldn't just go in the fold and be like 'yeah, I can surely move us through the whole fold,' no he is not that dense.

For our luck, like through the fold, there was sand surrounding the fold for a couple of meters. So we used that place for me to try if I can even move us. I was struggling at the start, but The Darkling used my emotions against me. Or in this case, to help us. My anger made me push us quite quickly for several meters, which led to us stopping about two meters before the fold.

"All right, that was scary." I said while wiping a bit of sweat off my forehead.

"Yeah, get ready. Because you are going to need to keep doing that for a lot longer than this."

He was right. It did take a lot longer. Everyone knows that the fold is big and scary. But no words can describe the horrors that it brings to you. It's like a big world of despair. If one would get stuck in it, I think getting killed by volcra would be a good thing. Even if you would have everything you need to stay alive, the darkness  and the feelings the fold brings would drive you insane and cause suicide. I've never liked the dark and this trip made the fear a lot worst. First of all, using that much power to move us took a lot of concentration, which faded every time the sound of volcra was heard.

I have no idea how, but somehow we made it to the other side of the fold. Autumn and I stepped out of the boat right after we got out of it, while The Darkling took his time.

"I'm never going back in there. I-I don't know how people do it, like do they not hav -" I was stopped by The Darkling when he put his hand over my mouth.

I didn't know why until I looked around us. And the reason why was that there were quite some people walking above us on the pier.

"Follow me." he requested quietly.