*CHAPTER EIGHT*

It's been a couple of weeks since my first "training". I can now happily say that I can control the elements and summon them by will. The Darkling has been really helping me. I don't wanna admit it, but he is a really good teacher. Now, I can also control the weather and not just make it unintentionally change with my mood. Also, I kind of think that we have gotten closer? With that meaning that he just talks a bit more than he did at the start.

Today I have another one of my trainings. I have no idea what we will be doing today. But I'm also excided, since I feel so much more free now that I did before I learned to control my powers. Even though I'm kind of less free right now. Oh well Ember, you can't have everything.

"Are you ready?" a voice and knocking on the door brought me from my thoughts.

"Yes." I replied quickly before standing up and walking out of the door.

There I saw him. His face unreadable. Some days, he is more opened and talks about him for a bit after putting his walls up again. And other days, he is just in the, meh mood is what I like to call it. It's when he is not in a "good" mood but also not in a bad one? Which I am seriously happy about. I don't wanna see him angry. EVER! From all of the rumours I have heard about him.. But then again, are any of those even true? Like yeah, he is really creepy some times... But he hasn't done any harm to me yet, and I hope it stays that way. If anything, he has helped me actually. Although, he does look like he has some pshycological problems. That could be just from lack of friends, because he doesn't look like he has a lot. But then again I am not the one to judge...

"All right, come here." he ordered as I walked to him.

"Now, give me your hands and think of. Everything. Of every little single thing you feel, see, smell or just imagine it." he explained.

Even though it seemed strange, I did exactly what he said. I closed my eyes and contetrated. I though about the grass I feel under my toes. Yes, I am bare foot. It was The Darkling's idea to, connect with the nature better. Do not ask. About the birds that are chirping all around us, about the warmth of the sun. It all felt great. And right after it, all the pleasure got one hundred times better. It was like nature itself was giving me it's power. And just as all of it started, it stopped when The Darkling let go of my hand.

"Saints. I was right." he said as his eyes widened while looking at me.

"Right about what?"

"That you are a nat-. Never mind. We are leaving tomorrow at 6am. Don't be late and dress apropriantly for a long journey. We meet here and then flee. Understand?" he asked seriously.

"Yes."

"Good." he said just seconds before walking away.