*CHAPTER FIVE*

"So, um I don't mean to be annoying. It's not like you basically kidnapped me but if you don't mind me asking where are we going?" I asked while we were quietly walking through the outskirts of my village.

That means we are going west, further away from the Little Palace, further away from his home. I mean, it makes sense, since they think he is dead and from the rumors going around of what happened, I don't think they want him back, or even alive.

"You children should really learn to be more thankful." he replied so calmly that it cripped me out.

We kept walking through the slim narrow streets in silence.

"Well, if you don't want to talk, why'd you even take me with you? Because you honestly look like you would need some therapy" I was acting like I had a death wish. "I mean yeah, thank you for saving me" in quotation mark "but-

He turned to me and put his finger on his lips which was probably a nice way of telling me to shut up.

"Where are they!?" I could here one of the men from before ask just a couple of streets away from us.

I froze. I looked towards... The Darkling with the look "please don't let them kill me."

This was the first time I properly looked at him. If I wouldn't hear the rumors of him being a cold blooded killer, I could say he's handsome. But then again, I always took liking to "broken" men.
But the thing that was the most interesting on him were his eyes. They were this deep brown colour. In my opinion, eyes can tell you alot about a person. And his were telling two different stories.

They could make him look really creep since they looked like an endless pit of almost black doom.
But then, if you look closely, you can see this sadness that was caused long ago.

In this world, most people believe that you can be either good or bad.
But I don't necessary believe that. I doubt anyone decides to just, be "bad." Those people usually have trauma from their past that kind of makes them that way. It's not only their fault. Although, that of course doesn't excuse their actions...

"I think I see someone there!" a man yelled again.

We looked into each other's eyes for a couple of seconds.

"Come, but be quiet." he ordered while stretching his hand out to me.

"Wait, do we really want to face them? Because if it really is The Darkling-

"How do they know you are wi-

"shh!" while showing me to grab his hand again.

I didn't know what to do but after I heard the voices coming closer and closer, I grabbed it.
He pulled me behind him and push us right into the wall..

"What are you do-

And that's when I saw how shadows were slowly cripping up around us. When the man came, we were completely consumed by the shadows.

When they couldn't see us, they looked around for a couple of minutes but then gave up and left.

The Darling let go of me and right before continuing are "runaway" to who knows where, he said "And stay close to me atleast until we got out of this silly town!" After that, we walked in silence for hours... Untill we stumbled upon a house, or a cottage in the outskirt of another city, which I don't know the name of, because I have never been outside of mine...