*CHAPTER SEVEN*

"So, from what I understand. The weather changes depending on your emotions. But can you summon it? Or more importantly, different elements? For an example" he said as he made shadows that started creeping around us.

"Summon the wind, make the shadows disappear." he explained while walking towards me.

I contetrated really hard and was able to summon some wind, but not enough to make the shadows disappear completely. That is when he grabbed my arm, and sudden burst of wind passed us and make them vanish completely.

"How?" I questioned.

"Have you ever heard of human amplifiers? We can amplify the persons power of whom we touch." he explained as he let go of my arm.

"All right, how about fire? Now, we don't wanna ruin the whole village, do we?"

"No, but I've never said I can control the actual elemen-

"Just trust me." he said as his beautiful eyes stared at me.

So that is what I did. Which brought me to listened to him, trying to explain how to summon fire. I found it useless since I don't believe my powers extend to other thing than weather and changing of eye and hair color. So when two hours passed, he said:

"Uh, why am I even wasting my time with you. You are useless..."

"HEY! just because I can't summon the fire doesn't mean I am useless!" but when my eyes reached his, they were not looking at me, but at my feet.

And what I saw beneath me surprised me. About a meter in every direction of me, the grass and flowers were comepletely destroyed - looked like fire had burned them.

"Just as I thought. Your powers are connected to your feelings, expecially since you are not trained yet. Now, since you destroyed it, you will call upon the earth, and make it seem as nothing happened. I'll leave you to it."

"But wait!" I called at him. It was to late, since he had already left back inside the cottage.

"How am I supposed to do this?"

It's been hours and I still wasn't able to make the grass grow again. I mean, it was almost impossible since the ground was completely burned. I had tried almost everything. I concentrated, put my hands on the ground, point at it.... NOTHING! There was no way i could do this!

Just as i was about to give up, a tiny Iris shot up from the ground. And right as it did, The Darkling came outside to check my progress, as he did every passing hour.

"Magnificent. Now, I only have one more job for you today. Come here." he ordered while still standing at the doorway of the cottage.
I quickly stood up, almost feel down again since  I have been sitting for some time now. After I couth my balance, I, this time slowly walked to him.

"We have tried three out of four elements. Air, fire and earth, which leaves us only-

"Water." I finished for him. "You want me to summon rain?" I asked and his single nod told me that my suspicion was right.

I sighed and raised my hands out, closed my eyes and wished for this day to be over. The only thing that I got out of this day and all my life is that the easiest way to summon elements is using my emotions. The whole day has made me tired, desperat for some rest and food. I also thought of my family that I missed dearly.

"Marvellous." That word made me open my eyes. I felt the fresh air that only comes with rain. I also saw him looking at me before walking back inside. That's when I saw my reflection in one of the puddles. My hair turned dark blue, while my eyes turned gold.