*CHAPTER FOUR*

"Stop struggling. Or do you want to get slaughtered?" a male voice said while holding me tight against him.

"Well maybe I wouldn't if it didn't look like you are also trying to slaughter me!" I whisper-yelled.

"Did you hear that!?" one of the men outside the fold said right after me.

"Shhh." the male hissed at me while putting his hand over my mouth to shut me up and this time I obliged.

We waited a couple of minutes and after we couldn't hear anything he let go of me as I ran out of the fold.
This was my chance to run. But something told me not to. Come on, he saved your life, at least you could thank him.

So I turned around and what I saw next shocked me.

Out of the fold stepped.... The Darkling. My eyes widened.

"You're, you're The the Dar" -

"The Darkling" he finished for me as he stepped towards me. "And you are?" he said while eyeing me.

"Don't answer him Ember, just don't" -

"I'm Ember Tonovački."  Stupid, stupid woman I thought to myself right after those words left my mouth. I just gave a Grisha my personal information. And not just any Grisha, but the shadow summoner who's supposed to be dead.

"Aren't you dea" -

"What are you?" he jumped my question without answering it.

"Pardon? What am I?"

"What are you?" he repeated himself.

"Well, I'm a human, a mortal?" I questioned more than answered.

"No, you stupid girl! What type of a Grisha are you!? And don't you dare, lie to me!" he spoke quietly but intimidating.

I looked at him for a couple of seconds to think about the answer. What am I? Am I a Grisha? Well, I am probably since I have some abilities...   But am I going to answer with something that has never been heard of before?

"Well?" he question again while his patients was growing thinner.

"I'm a weather summoner, I guess..."

"A what?"

"A weather summoner. Like, I can control and summon different weather?"

He rolled his eye. "You know, not in the history nor the fairytales have any data about a weather summoner. Are you sure about your answer or are you lying?"

"I am sure, I mean, those are my abilities, to control the weather."

"Have you ever been able to do anything else, than that?"

"I don't know why i'm telling you this but no. Except that my appearance changes with my mood, like my hair and eye color."

"Interesting, you're coming with me Ember." he said while looking at me and then walking towards some town I guess?

Usually I wouldn't follow random strangers, especially not Grisha. But the way my name slipped of his toung just made me feel some type of way.

Yeah Ember, fall in love with a psychotic Grisha. Wait, fall in love? What i'm I thinking about!?!

It was like my heart overpowered my brain, took over and made my legs move and follow him to who knows where.

Well, if I die atleast it will be by a hand of a handsome Grisha and not by some old and bored old crusty dusty men.
Okay Ember, stop it!

☆And that is how our tragic love story began☆