Chapter に

Edited

Third POV

It was the day that the teams would be selected. Naruto had awoken early in the morning and got ready for his first day as a genin. He showered, then changed into his 'ninja clothing'. Naruto stood in front of his mirror, frowning. Hate could be seen making an appearance in his crystal blue eyes, it was all directed at his stupid orange jumpsuit. He stared at it for a while longer before he sighed and finished getting ready. 

Naruto looked at his usual cheery self as he walked to the academy. Whispers could be heard in the background, throwing insults at the boy, who seemed oblivious. Eventually, he reached the academy, opened the door to his classroom and walked in.

As he headed to his seat someone asked, "What are you doing here Naruto? Only students who graduated could come." The person said in a smug voice. Naruto stopped, looked at the irrelevant person dead in the eyes and said while sporting a fake smile and voice full of mock, "Are you blind? See what's on my forehead? It's a ninja headband." he continued walking. "Dumbass." He whispered under his breath. Shortly after that, Naruto gathered himself and went back to playing his role as a class clown and idiot, his emotions became balanced again.  A deep chuckle resounded in Naruto's mind if Naruto heard he didn't show it. Everyone was confused at Naruto's presence in the academy and was about to question him, but then, they were interrupted by Iruka sensei entering the classroom. Everyone headed back to their seats, including Naruto who sat next to the emo, duck butt hair Uchiha.

Iruka went on a boring speech for about 10 minutes. When he was done he announced, " Alright, now for the teams..." Naruto tuned out until his team was mentioned. "Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno," at her name Naruto smiled wide, while Sakura looked devastated, she was about to complain until the next name was said. "And Sasuke Uchiha." At this Sakura, face brightened, and then she bragged to Ino. Naruto, however, face-planted into his desk and muttered, "Ugh not with stupid Teme." Straight after a "Dobe" could be heard being muttered by the Uchiha. Naruto sighed in irritation and raised his head from his desk, then he leaned back on his chair and stared at the dull ceiling of the classroom. Currently, everyone was distracted, chatting about their teams. Naruto stared at a specific spot on the ceiling and smirked as if knowing something no one else did.
.
.
.
"Did he just...?" Asked a surprised teacher, the question was directed at the newly appointed senseis of the rookie 9, and the Third Hokage, who were all equally curious. They all started back at the spy ball, (forgot its name)  by now Naruto gave a last glance at the specific spot on the ceiling, then looked away. "He couldn't have sensed us, he's just a genin, a freshly graduated one at that." Stated Hirizen, the Third Hokage.
.
.
.

It had been 3 hours since the teams were announced. Three friking hours, and team seven was still waiting, however impatiently, for their sensei. Naruto groaned as he got up and headed to the teacher's teacher's desk to get the eraser full of chalk with his signature prankster grin. He placed it on the door and walked back to his team. "The sensei is a jonin Baka, they wouldn't fall for a stupid prank like that." Sakura stated annoyed, Sasuke agreed with a "Hn." Naruto just shrugged, then sat down.

Moments later the door opened, and guess what, the sensei fell for it. "My first impression of you all is... you are all stupid. Meet me on the academy's roof in 5 minutes." Said the jonin as he disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

         It has been 2 weeks since team seven meet their sensei, now referred to as Kakashi sensei. They were doing yet another boring D rank mission, catching Tora the cat for the first time.

"Raven in position, ready," Sasuke stated, followed by the rest of team seven except Naruto, in confirming their positions. Team seven waited for Naruto's affirmation which never came. Kakashi audibly sighed and then spoke into the mic, "Naruto where are you? The rest of us have confirmed our positions." Kakashi pinched the bridge of his nose in irritation. "Naruto-baka! You are ruining our mission!" Sakura screeched into the mic causing everyone to cringe at the sound of her voice. "Ok everyone, new side mission, locate Naruto," Kakashi commanded, Sasuke and Sakura just grumbled in reply. After searching for ten minutes Sakura, Sasuke and Kakashi, located in Naruto. Well, Kakashi just tagged along while reading his book being of absolutely no help.