Live Aid (part four)

The night had gone on and Live Aid had passed over to America for an hour after Elton John performing at ten to nine. During that hour you had all sat down, finishing up all the more ✨fun✨ drinks that you had left over.

Currently you were sat in a circle, Cruella on your right, Artie on your left and facing Jasper and Horace. You had some snacks out in the middle of the circle to pick at too.

'Now this really has been something.' Horace stated contently in his cockney accent.

Cruella chuckled at that and you all raised your bottles, clinking them together as you all agreed, various 'I second that' and 'here here's coming from the group. And although the tiredness was slowly gaining it's power over you all the adrenaline still had the upper hand. Well...

Your girlfriend had rested her head on your shoulder and every now and then you would hear a stifled yawn. You had your hands in hers as you all continued adding to the conversation. The whole group were sat debating their favourites from the day and you and Artie didn't fail to bring up David Bowie again.

'And when he sung Modern Love, I'm sure the dopamine levels in my brain bloody rocketed!' The man laughed, raising his glass to add to the description.

'Don't get me started on his performance Art.' You added totally still mind-blown.

Cruella picked her head up from your shoulder to look at the two of you. You both looked at her expecting to get another scolding.

'Darling at first I can't say I was happy about how much you loved him but now... well now I know damned well what you mean. The man is gold! His character and everything.' The villain shocked you all.

You raised a finger to point at her with an over exaggerated expression, 'Is Miss Deville a Bowie fan now?!'

~~~ time shkip ~~~

It was ten to ten and only 3 more performances were lined up in London before it headed over permanently to the US. The next performance was introduced by John Hurt and it was Freddie Mercury and Brian May back for a song. The vibes of Live Aid were slowly changing and relating more to what the whole concert was for.

You all stood up straight away, cheering and clapping once more in the darkness but soon guessed the tone of the song through the two's energy (despite Freddie still having his fun with the crowd). The whistles and cheers continued as the guitar began and Cruella pulled you in by an arm around your waist. You quickly reciprocated the touch as the song began.

Just think of all those hungry mouths we have to feed
Take a look at all the suffering we breed
So many lonely faces scattered all around
Searching for what they need

'Is This The World We Created?' continued and the crowd watched intently. The energy levels had decreased majorly and everyone there was now purely basking in the sound of the music. Cruella gripped you tightly, listening closely to the lyrics. You smiled like a proud mother seeing her like this, seeing her loving the music you have begged and begged her to come see with you. This really was becoming the highlight of your whole life.

Next up came Paul McCartney singing 'Let It Be'. The second the piano began you let out a tired chuckle. During the whole Baroness scandal, each time Cruella would get particularly angry or fussy with things you and the team would always mutter the chorus under your breath to each other. You hadn't told your girlfriend that until a few months back but she found it hilarious, being fully aware of her prior actions and standing by them nonetheless. You looked towards everyone who began chuckling too. You all linked arms once more and began to sing your hearts out.