falling in love

A/N ~ apologies this is so long i got a bit carried away-

~~~~

It was a few nights before your boss Cruella's stunt against the Baroness and you had stayed late downstairs in order to finish up a few bits. Your table was situated on the ground floor at an angle so that you could see the upstairs through the hole in the floor. You would often pause your work and gaze up, seeing your boss ordering everyone around. She had always treated you a lot kinder than the others, complimenting you and allowing you to take longer breaks after long work hours. But you didn't think anything of it minus the fact you had developed a huge crush on the woman.

Today however you were the last one left of Artie's team working downstairs and Cruella seemed to be the last one up upstairs. You only knew this because you kept seeing her walk past, thinking she was just sitting through things. Once you had finished you moved to grab your bag, looking up after and your eyes meeting the view of Cruella pacing back and forth.

You had the thought to just ask her what was wrong but decided against it, not wanting to intrude, and instead you continued to watch her. Cruella's hair was slightly messy from the day behind you and she kept bringing her hands to her face, biting at her nails as she continued to pace. It was clear she was anxious but god she was still so gorgeous.

Cruella on the other hand was quite frankly in a state of panic. She had feelings for you? But did she really? She'd never felt so drawn to a person before. Could she even feel these feelings? Was this even that kind of feeling? Did you feel the same? Oh who was she kidding? Of course you didn't!

She let out a frustrated 'Fuck' before giving up and sitting straight down on the floor. Cruella crossed her legs and rested her elbows on them as she held her head in her hands. There was so much to prepare for but she couldn't focus on any of it. She wanted to hate you, to fire you, but she just couldn't. No matter how hard she tried, she wanted you here but not in her head damn near 24/7.

You were still watching when you noticed her sit down and hold her head in her hands. Something must really be up. Your heart raced at the idea of going up there but you had to put all other petty feelings aside and wanting to make sure she was okay was a bigger priority than your little high school crush. You moved to step into the elevator, your breathing easily quickening as you did so.

When you reached upstairs, you watched Cruella jump as she heard you, quickly standing and brushing herself down. You pulled open the door and stepped out, approaching her in a careful manner.

'Are you okay Cruella?' You asked her with a concerned tone.

'Yes. Why would you ask?' She answered harshly.

You tried not to take offence at the tone of her voice remembering how stressed she looked five minutes earlier.

'I saw you from downstairs. I was worried that's all. You can't hate me for being concerned about you.'

You watched closely as the villain's face softened. She looked down, trying desperately to formulate an answer for you. Eventually she looked back up.

'Sorry.' Was all she could respond in a small voice, peculiar for the near-psychotic woman.

You took a step closer, trying to gauge the situation more.

'What's wrong? And be honest, nothing you can say will change much, I promise.'

Oh but it would, Cruella thought, you would never come back to work and she would lose her most talented worker and well... crush.

She wouldn't dare say a word. And that was final.

Cruella shook her head and composed herself again before walking straight passed you. Or at least trying to...

You reaction was unintentional, sure, but you're glad it happened. You grabbed her wrist, stopping her from leaving and causing her to turn around and face you, now much closer than before.

You studied her once more, seeing her breathing grow ten times faster every passing second she was this near to you. She also looked everywhere but your eyes. And then proceeded to pull her wrist away dramatically, only for you to hold on.

'You are going to tell me what's going on. I don't want things to hold against you, I don't want to make fun of you being upset or stressed, Cruella I just want to help. I'm worried about you.' You spoke softly but sternly at the same time, still gripping onto her wrist.

Cruella looked up, her eyes finally meeting yours. She let out a sigh of surrender.

'I don't know.' She exclaimed, waving her hands dramatically, 'I don't know okay, please let me go.'

You shook your head, denying her any kind of freedom in this moment.

'FINE.' She yelled causing you to jump and let go of her, 'I don't understand it, but I think..'

She paused again, really studying the look on your face and taking a deep breath before continuing.

'I think I like you. Like in that way. But don't let it change anything, you're my best worker and I can't afford to lose you. God that sounded pathetic, I'm sorry I should-'

'Shut up.' You chuckled at the rambling mess Cruella became, 'You should shut up and stop worrying so much. You're really blind enough to think I don't feel the same?'

'What?' Cruella breathed out.

'You heard me. I like you too you goose.' You looked at her with a smile.

Cruella just looked.. well.. confused.

'No see now I don't know what to do!' She exclaimed, 'I was ready for you to be disgusted by the idea, I prepared myself for that! Now you're veering off the plan and I don't like being this clueless!'

You chuckled again moving forward to her. You took one of her hands in yours and brushed her hair out of her face with the other, letting it come to rest by her neck. A bright smile was plastered on your face as Cruella's was painted with a mixture of content and confusion.

'We can be clueless together.' You smiled before poking her shoulder, 'And you can be even more clueless than me.'

Cruella blushed. She blushed. The evil genius blushed. Honestly you felt that to be an achievement.

The woman proceeded to let out a laugh as she tilted her head, looking at you in a sweet manner that you had never seen before on her.

'And here was me thinking I'd never see you again, darling.' She chuckled.

'Keep calling me darling and you'll never get rid of me.' You smiled back.

A silence fell for a while, the two of you looking at each other with a newfound adoration. That was until Cruella broke it of course.

'I hate to break the moment.. but what the hell do we do next?' The woman laughed almost awkwardly.

This was going to be the first relationship she had ever experienced. She'd always thought she was too busy with stealing stuff, but now she actually was too busy, well, you came along. And there was no point in fighting it now.

'Well I'm not sure.' You spoke with a clear hint of sarcasm, 'How about a date, m'lady?'

And amidst the air of destruction and revenge came a wonderful newfound love between you and your rather psychotic boss.