getting lost somewhere

Driving with Jasper and Horace, you and Estella were in the back. You had been on your way to a fashion show Estella has wanted to attend for her birthday when one of the imbeciles took a wrong turn. The two men were arguing away in the front as you two in the back stared aimlessly out each window.

Eventually down a long country road there was a lay-by to pull into. Jasper and Horace got out and began looking around for some kind of sign leaving you and Estella in the car.

You turned your attention to the woman. Her red hair was down and hid her features as she stared out the window. You noticed a sad look had fallen upon her.

'Stell I'm so sorry about the show.' You spoke out to her.

You had bought Estella back to reality, startling her slightly. She turned to you with glassy eyes and a weak smile. You reached out and took her hand gently in yours before she began speaking.

'It's not the show that's bothering me. Knowing us I didn't have my hopes too high so it's okay. Honest.' Estella smiled the same weak smile again.

You didn't doubt her words but you still wanted to know what was bothering the woman. You removed your hand and moved to take off your seatbelt.

'Well this won't do. How about we go take some snacks and find a nice place to sit while the boys sort something out? Being cooped up in a car won't help.'

~~

After wandering for a while and trying to lighten the mood with meaningless chatter, you and Estella found a nice place on a hilltop overlooking the countryside.

You sat down with a sigh and Estella chuckled at your actions.

'You know they say when you start making noises when you sit down, that's when you know you're getting old!' She chuckled sitting down beside you.

'Oh shut it. I'm not old, I'm just a cripple.' You smiled back.

A comfortable silence overtook the two of you as you looked over the countryside. Estella had sat close enough beside you so that your arms were touching. It always felt so good to be so close to her. Your mind began to wander until you felt a rather hesitant head come to rest against your shoulder. That's when you recalled her behaviour earlier.

'Stell?' You asked almost warily.

The redhead hummed in response.

'What was the matter earlier?' You questioned gently.

Estella took a deep breath before answering. She proceeded to tell you about the night with her mother and how that was the last time she attended such a fashion show like the one you should've seen. You felt a few tears land on your clothes but you didn't say a word, letting her continue.

'I didn't think it'd be on my mind so much. I thought I was over it but here I am. Sorry Y/N, you didn't need to know all that.' She finished.

During the conversation you had held both her hands in yours, running your thumbs over her knuckles softly.

'Don't be so stupid Estella. I'm here for you. I'm always here. Same with Jas and Horace. Even Wink and Buddy would listen.' She chuckled slightly at that before you continued, 'And you shouldn't blame yourself for any of it, you were just a kid. But most importantly you have to let yourself feel. If you don't, well, that's when things get bad.'

She nodded against your shoulder and that was the last you two spoke for about half an hour until you heard the phone ping with a text from Jasper.

'Where on earth are you two?! Please god don't be doing anything unholy when your reading this!'

You scoffed at the message and showed Estella too who joined in the laughter. She lifted her head off your shoulder and stretched.

'See i would answer them... if I had any idea where we are!'

Estella burst out laughing at your statement and the realisation you were both truly lost. You laid down on the grass, staring up at the clear sky as the woman laid down right beside you.

'It could be worse.' She began, 'We could be lost with them.'

You started laughing once more as you turned to look at her. You were met with her beautiful eyes, faces only centimetres apart with smiles on both your faces.

'Thank you, Y/N.' Estella whispered.

Instead of responding, you gently moved forward to peck her lips.

As you pulled away you saw Estella wearing a giddy smile while she turned to look back at the sky.

Little did you know how Estella was about to change and all she was to discover. You were yet to meet Cruella and her hatred for the baroness but right in this moment, it was heaven. Lost and at peace and truly truthful with one another. That and the fact you just kissed the prettiest woman alive.