hugging

It was the day before Cruella's final revenge stunt on the Baroness. You and Artie were finishing up on the last details, Horace had gone to get the car for tomorrow and Jasper had gone outside to talk to Cruella about the big day.

If you were being honest, you were terrified. The Baroness was going to attempt to kill your girlfriend. There were so many things that could go wrong and your mind was running through them all at a hundred miles an hour.

'A penny for your thoughts?' Artie pulled you out of your thoughts while he put away some unused fabrics.

'Hm?' You asked not properly hearing him the first time.

'What's on your mind? You look absolutely miles away.' He questioned again.

You answered him truthfully, he was one of your best friends so it was the least he deserved after going through all of this for your girlfriend. Going through everything that could go wrong, Artie reassured you, telling you Cruella is, well, Cruella, and that she always has everything thought out down to the very last detail. Although it did calm you a bit, you were still insanely worried.

A few moments later, Artie had gone home, Horace had come back with the car and Jasper was just coming inside. They both looked to you as you were sat on the sofa staring into nowhere.

'Nervous?' Jasper spoke.

You looked up with a small smile and scoffed, 'Jas don't even.'

Horace placed a hand on your shoulder as he was making his way past you.

'Don't worry about her Y/N.' He said reassuringly, 'That's our girl out there, she always knows what she's doing.'

And with that he went to into his bedroom for the night, Jasper now walking up to you to do the same.

'I don't know about knowing what she's doing, but she will be okay.' He smiled at you and you reciprocated the smile, 'Go see her, yeah? You both need it.'

He patted your shoulder before disappearing himself, leaving you to yourself. You decided to do as he said and go and see your girlfriend out on the terrace.

As you made your way out, you saw Cruella sat on the wall staring ahead of her. You stood by the door for a moment, taking in the view of the city and the woman before walking towards her.

Once Cruella noticed your presence her face lit up immediately into the same breathtaking smile you fell in love with all those years ago. She stood up slowly and held her arm out to you. When you reached her, the villain wrapped her arm around your shoulder as you both looked out over the city below.

You leant your head on her shoulder and took a deep breath, inhaling her scent that to you signified that you were home. Cruella kissed the top of your head before she began speaking.

'You don't need to worry about me, darling, I know what I'm doing.' She said quietly to you as she continued to study the city below.

'Sometimes I doubt that Cruella. You get so caught up in things and disregard everything and everyone else.'

You paused as you turned away from the city to hug the woman fully, your head resting on her shoulder, wrapping your arms tightly around her back.

Cruella however was slightly stunned by your words, leaving one arm at her side as the other stayed over your shoulders. You had never displayed any sense of doubt towards her before and it almost felt to her like she had let you down, like you should've always been able to trust her.

You shook her from her thoughts when you spoke again, talking barely above a whisper, 'Just promise me you're safe. Promise me you'll get out of this one alive and safe.'

Listening to you plead, she pulled her other arm around you too and rested her head on top of yours. She held you tightly and there was a moment of silence, Cruella fully taking in your words, of course making your heart drop at the fact the woman couldn't immediately promise anything.

'Darling, I swear to you I will be fine. I'm so sorry for everything I've put you through with the Baroness. And the other idiots too I suppose.' She spoke just as quiet as you with a light joke at the end.

You chuckled softly into her neck, still happily residing in her warm embrace. You nuzzled into your girlfriend more holding her closer, causing Cruella to tighten her hold on you too.

'That's all I needed to here, my love.' You smiled into her neck.

You remained safe in each other's arms for what seemed like hours until the cold got too much up on the terrace. The two of you shivered simultaneously causing you both to giggle slightly.

'I think that's a sign to go to bed, my darling.' Cruella whispered into your hair.

'And I think that sounds like a wonderful idea.' You smiled, pulling away.

As you bought your head up, you gazed sweetly at Cruella. You truly did love her. She gazed right back at you before smiling and turning to walk back inside. However you remained exactly where you stood while the woman neared the door.

'I love you, Cruella.' You spoke with such truth you never had before.

Of course you'd told her you loved her before but this? This was the most you had ever, ever meant it. Cruella could sense this too and stopped in her tracks. After a few seconds she turned around, wearing the same giddy smile she did when you and Estella had first kissed all those many moons ago.

'And, darling,' Cruella paused slightly before saying the next words, 'I really do love you too.'