Chapter 5: Most Beautiful Creature

Azriel

Even though i was mad at Cassian for telling Rhy's about Levain i knew they had only given me the job of alcohol for the party because otherwise i would never step foot in Rita's again. The two of them had been with me for a long time and i had taken women to bed but never had i got so scared to even kiss one. I was walking towards Rita's after it had taken me an hour to work up the nerve to come. Mor had told me that everyone was going to make it easier on me but i still thought it was a bad idea. There was just something about her that made me feel sick to my stomach.

I walked in the door and instantly saw Rhy's and Feyre at our usual booth. They waved over to me and Rhy's held up the amber bottle in his hands. Thank the Cauldron.

"Need some of this." He said as he poured me a glass and i downed it quickly.

"Mor and Cassian are dancing." Feyre said as she noticed me looking at the empty glasses around the table. I noted one more glass sitting empty on her side. "With Levain." She added as her and Rhy's smiled at me. I followed the finger Feyre was now pointing across the dance floor to see if i could spot them through all the people.

"Thanks." I answered and she continued her conversation with Rhy's. It wasn't hard to spot them Cassian was taller than the rest even without his wings blocking a space for the three of them to dance. I had spent the last three days getting myself together. It wasn't something i usually had to do and i found myself nervous at the thought of seeing her again. I spotted her dress twirling around her first as Mor threw into Cassian's arms. She had a smile on her face that looked like it would hurt from being stretched that wide. I was just about to go over and join them when i caught her eyes. I feel to my knees.

Fuck.

She was the most beautiful creature i had ever seen. How had i not noticed it before. Time seemed to slow as i drank her in mid spin between Mor and Cassian. Absolutely free and uncaring. She glowed from the sweat coating her body in the lights of the dance floor. Her eyes held me in and i felt myself falling into the pools underneath them.

Fuck. I feel to my knees.

No. No. No.

This couldn't be happening. Not to me.

As soon as i made the connection i saw Cassian's arm go around her to catch her from her spin and i wanted to rip his throat out for touching her. Rhy's had his hand on my shoulder in an instant.

"Azriel what's wrong?" I shook his hand off as i tried to stand up. I looked to Levain and wanted to take her from Cassian's arms into my own and strip the dress off her right on the dance floor. What was wrong with me.

"Az?" Rhy's asked again as he followed my line of sight. I wanted to pull her into me and throw her into a bed and not let her leave for a week. I wanted to fuck her so bad she couldn't walk or talk after screaming my name so loud.

"Fuck." Was all i could get out as i knew i had to get away from here. I couldn't be near her right now. I looked to wards Rhy's and saw the recognition in his eyes. Before i knew it we had winnowed back to the estate house and i could finally breath. Her scent was in my nose and it was so covered in her sweat it was intoxicating.

"Azriel what's wrong?" Feyre asked as she moved me onto the couch. I simply looked at Rhy's for help as i could not make any words come out of my mouth.

"Levain is his Mate." He said as he sat on the other side of me. No one said anything after that they just let me sit there in silence as i tried not to picture Levain in so many dirty ways. Fuck how could i get out of this now.