Christmas is Ruined

The days leading up to Christmas were busy, very busy. We continued decorating the house and wrapped the presents. The day before Christmas, we started getting ready for the feast. But that night, everything went horribly wrong.

We were all just sitting around. Remus and Tonks had come over and we had dinner and they talked about Harry's suspicions about Draco. I tried to stay out of it, I could neither confirm nor deny his suspicions, I was never aware he was doing anything.

But after about five hours, they got up to leave. They were at the door telling everyone good-bye. Suddenly, there was a shift in the atmosphere that made us all stopped talking. There was something wrong. The air around the Burrow and into the surrounding fields felt wrong. I could feel it. We were being watched.

A lady walked out of the field by the house and she was smiling at us, it wasn't a nice one, it was evil and sinister. Next thing I know, I hear footsteps running down the stairs and Ginny yelling for Harry to come back. Harry pushed his way between us and ran out to chase after her. The lady, I realized, was Draco's aunt, Bellatrix.

She wasn't a very nice lady to me but she didn't abuse me or anything. Draco was like her little angel when we were younger. I guess now I know why she wasn't rough with me, because she believed the Dark Lord was going to come back and I was important to him.

They disappeared in the field just as it burst into flames. Mr. Weasley and Remus were running after them when the fire lashed out at them. Ginny went and jumped over the fire, which seemed to have been distracted by Mr. Weasley and Remus. And soon they were all out of sight.

I tried to help them but it wasn't normal fire so I couldn't control it. I drew moisture from wherever I could feel it and I used it to fight the fire. When we finally got it under control, the fire finally died out on it's own and they went after Harry and Ginny. We stood around looking every which way, wands drawn and ready.

"Where are they?" Mrs. Weasley said worriedly.

"I don't know," I said mirroring her worry.

We heard footsteps running over and just before they walked out of the field, the air exploded and I turned to see the house blow up in flames. Mr. Weasley came out and held Mrs. Weasley as we watched the house burn.

I tried to fight it but it was really out of control. I used a lot of energy to get the flames to go down about 50% in the first hour. But after that I was so exhausted that I nearly collapsed if Fred hadn't caught me.

"That was really cool, Riddle, thank you," he said as he held me up.

"Thank you for trying, Tammy," Mrs. Weasley said as tears were flowing down her cheeks.

"What-what are we going to do now?" Ginny said in a small voice next to me.

Two hours later, the house was gone and our Christmas was ruined. That night, we went to stay at Remus and Tonks' home.

The next day, we got up and slowly got ready. We scavenged as much as we could. Thank god for magic, because our trunks weren't burned. Everything else was though. The rest of the break we spent cleaning up and trying to rebuild some stuff, but there was only so much we could do.

The day we had to leave, we were quiet as we got through the wall and boarded the train. Break was a disaster. Harry said that Bellatrix was there just causing trouble and taunting him about the death of his godfather, Sirius Black. It was absolutely terrible of her.

"I'll see you guys later," I told them in a solemn voice.

"Okay, see you later Tammy," Harry said as he headed down the train. I went the other way and found an empty compartment.

I sat down by the window and drowned the world out with some Breathe Carolina and Secondhand Serenade. Muggles had some pretty good songs. I brought out the little package that Draco had sent me. I hadn't opened it yet. I was just about to when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I took my earphones out and looked at who it was that had disturbed me.

When I turned I saw the last person I thought I would ever see again.

"Hi Tammy," he said.

"Alex, what are you doing here?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the last chapter of Tam Riddle. But no worries I'm on my way with a sequel. This is going to turn out to be a saga :D. No worries no worries.

______________________________________________

Okay guys so sorry I didn't post this earlier. Actually the sequel for this is already up. Please go check it out. It's called Tam Riddle: Sometimes the Hero Doesn't Win. It continues on from Alex unexpectedly showing up. Please please please don't be mad for not telling you earlier. Thank you for staying with me throughout this book.

Much Love

Courtney<3