Train Ride with The Golden Trio

I didn't talk to Draco for the rest of summer. On the day we were due to leave for King's Cross, we packed our things and got into the limo in silence. We sat next to each other and said nothing all the way to the station. Once the limo stopped, I got out and grabbed my things and headed for the platform. Aunt Narcissa told me about the platform and how to get there. I found the barrier and ran through it. To my amazement, on the other side of the barrier was a train with the Hogwarts Express written on it. I stood in admiration and walked over to it. 

I got everything on board and without waiting for Draco I went on and started looking for an open compartment. I found an empty one. I sat down and waited, looking out the window. Suddenly, the door opened to reveal the boy that I had bumped into at Diagon Alley, Harry, and two others were with him, a girl with bushy brown hair and a boy with red hair and freckles, they came walking in to my compartment.

"Hey you're that girl who bumped into me at Diagon Alley. Tammy right? Can we sit here with you?" Harry asked.

"Sure you can," I said with a smile and a nod.

"This is Hermione and Ron, my two bestest friends in the whole world," he said as I smiled and greeted them. "I told them about you earlier. If that's alright."

"Oh, of course," I said as Hermione sat next to me and Harry sat across from me. The train gave it's final whistle signaling it was about to leave the station. 

We were talking about Hogwarts when the door opened again and Draco was standing there. He didn't look at the others, he just looked at me, and for once he was looking me in the eyes. I shot him a smile and it looked like he was trying not to smile back.

"Finally, I've been waiting all summer for you to look at me," I said as I continued to smile. He didn't say anything. He gripped the door very hard until his knuckles were even paler than they already were. "Uh, are we still not talking to each other or are you gonna say something?" I asked as I noticed the reactions of everyone in the compartment. Harry looked really mad at Draco, but Draco didn't look at him, even Ron gave him a dirty look. They all went rigid as soon as the compartment door opened, I was the only one acting normally in the compartment and I found it strange.

"Can I talk to you?" he said through gritted teeth as his nostrils started flaring and he was trying not to look at the boys in the compartment.

I nodded my head and got up. "Anything if it gets you talking to me again," I said as I walked to the door. "Uh, I'll be right back," I said to Harry and his friends. Harry and Ron had a bewildered look on their faces, Hermione looked a little mad but not as much as the guys. I tried to give a reassuring smile and followed Draco out. I still didn't know what the deal was.

"Why are you in there with them?" he asked as we went a couple compartments down and he grabbed my arm a little too tight.

"Well, I was there first, but they needed some place to sit so I said they could. Besides you weren't talking to me and I wanted some company," I said as I tugged my arm from his grasp. "I don't know what your deal is with them, but they're nice to me. Nicer than you were to me all summer."

He gave a heavy sigh as he squeezed his eyes shut and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Whatever," he said. "Why don't you come and sit with me and my friends?" he asked as he looked back at me. His icy blue eyes were so intense, I felt like I was drowning in them.

I cleared my throat nervously. "No offense, but I want my own friends. I don't really want to hang on to you and your friends. I mean, if it's okay with you. Plus I don't like your friends," I said as I crossed my arms in front of me.

He looked mad, but he said in a calm voice, "Fine, suit yourself." Then he walked away down the walkway. I turned around and went back to the compartment with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"Hey, how do you know Malfoy?" Harry asked, raising an eyebrow as soon as I walked in, his face was still red.

"Well, I'm living with him and his family and he was my best friend when we were little," I said with a shrug. Ron and Harry looked shocked. "What?" I asked.

"You know Malfoy and you're living with him?" Ron said with pure shock in his voice.

"You're his friend?!" Harry blurted out at the same time.

"Yea, his parents are taking care of me for the time being and yes, I'm his friend," I said as I went to grab my book on the table.

"Wow, I feel sorry for you," Harry said as he sat back in his seat. "He's a terrible person."

"Don't be Harry, they're pretty good once you get to know them and he is too I guess. He grows on you like some weird algae thing," I said with a shrug as they all chuckled.

"Yea right. They'll be nice when pigs fly and hell freezes over, but until then, they're as rotten as ever. Besides, they all hate me," he said as if he didn't care. I was about to ask him why when Hermione interrupted me.

"Why are you living with them? What about your parents?" Hermione asked, trying to change the subject.

I gave a sad look when I answered, "I never knew my real parents and my foster parents are in France. You could say that the Malfoy's are my new foster parents. They were when I was one, and they are again."

"Ah, I'm so sorry," Hermione said.

"Don't be. I'm fine with it. They treat me well, so I don't mind at all," I said as I shrugged and put the book in my lap.

From there we just talked like that for a few hours and it was getting dark outside, then Harry pointed out the window saying, "Look, it's Hogwarts."

I looked out the window and I saw the most beautiful castle in the world. "Ooooh, it's so much bigger than Beauxbatons," I said in awe.

The train stopped and Harry told me to go over to the big, hairy man with a lantern calling for first years before we got off. I waved him and his friends goodbye and walked over to the giant man, Hagrid. He led me and the other first years to a lake with about twenty or so boats, we climbed in about five to a boat. While we started getting closer to the castle it just got prettier and prettier. Leaving me to keep looking at it with awe.