Come With Me

*Remember when I said that I was going to get chewed out? Well I did. Big surprise there. Here's how it went.*

Dinner was absolutely fantastic, funny how your last meal feels like the best. I had meatloaf, mashed potatoes with brown gravy, and corn on the cob. Sounds good, just recounting this makes my mouth water. But unfortunately, I had to get back to the common room sooner or later. So after a miraculously amazing dinner, Blaise and I made our way back to the common room.

We walked very slowly down the steps to the dungeons. We didn't fear Draco and His Wrath, but we definitely did not want to face him. We walked slower as we got closer, trying to prolong the inevitable. We faced the section of wall that was our way in and stared at it.

I sighed. "Pureblood," I said in a confident voice. The door opened and we could just feel the anger pulsating in the room as we walked through the threshold. It seemed quiet, a little too quiet perhaps. Nothing moved as we stood there looking around.

A lamp went on in the far corner. Draco was sitting on a chair with his hands pressed together in front of his face. His glare almost turned my insides to ice. I shrunk back a little, but I didn't move.

"Why are you so late?" he started off, you could hear that he was trying to keep himself calm. "Everyone made it back an hour ago."

I didn't want to answer him. If it meant anything, I could feel a knot form in my throat and another forming in my gut. I hate that feeling. Whenever I open my mouth, I would yell and tears would fall but not because I was sad, but because I was trying with every bit of self-control I had in me to not burn something or cause an earthquake or create a tornado in the room.

So I never dared to answer his questions, and Blaise didn't either. I didn't have to look at him to know that when his body tensed up next to mine that he was going to stay quiet. We would have to take our lecture in complete silence, or at least try.

He didn't say anything. He glared at me and only me. Blaise could run if he wanted to, but he didn't. I thought for a second that he was frozen there, when he cleared his throat. Draco's eyes darted from me to him and he turned his glare on Blaise.

"What is it, Blaise?" he said in a dangerously calm voice.

"There are classes tomorrow and it's pretty late. We should all go to bed," he said in a calm and steady voice, not as dangerous Draco's. I praised him for how level he kept his voice under distress.

"You can go Blaise, as a matter of fact, you will go. I don't have anything to say to you," Draco said as he waved his hand in finality and turned his gaze back to me. Blaise was about to open his mouth to say more, but Draco silenced him with a stern look that said 'If you don't get out now, I'm going to kill you.'

Blaise left giving me an apologetic look mixed with sympathy. I nodded and gave him a look that said that I would be okay. He left and there was only Draco and I in the room.

We stayed still and looked at each other for a long time. So long, so quiet. Neither of us blinking or backing away from this. The emotions morphing in the air and I couldn't take it anymore.

"If you don't have any more to say, I'm going to bed," I said, trying to swallow down that damn knot in my throat.

Before I could move, he stood up and started walking toward me. He was a foot away from me in a matter of seconds. The fact that he was taller than me was definitely working itself out right now.

"Why?" was the only thing he said as he stared down at me.

"Because I'm tired," I said, I knowing being a smartass isn't very smart, but I was actually pretty tired.

"Don't act smart, Tammy," he spat, good thing there wasn't any spit that came out of that one. He was too close for comfort.

I sighed, looked down and closed my eyes. "Draco, why does it matter to you who I hang out with?"

"They're Gryffindors, for one thing," he said, I could feel his eyes burning a hole in my head as I kept my face down to the floor, trying not to burst.

"So what?" I said. "They're nice to me and I'm a Slytherin."

"God, Tammy!" he yelled, I could feel air brush my face and I could tell that he flew his hands in the air.

I opened my eyes but kept them down. "Draco, come with me," I said in a small voice.

He sighed. "No."

"Well there. It's settled. I'm going with Harry," I said, still looking down. I could feel a tear slowly roll down my cheek. I don't know why it was there, from the struggle for self-control or his decline.

He placed his fingers under my chin and gently forced me to look at him. He was really close and my eyes went wide for a second.

"If I went with you, then I would kill Potter. But if I don't then I kill myself for letting you go with them," he said, his face moving closer to mine.

"Draco," I whispered just before our lips touched. He brushed his lips against mine and his eyes closed. His breath snaked from his lips to mine.

The knot in my throat slowly dissipated. My temperature started to rise and he pressed his lips harder on to mine. It felt like a sweet eternity, before he pulled away.

I looked down and repeated my request. "Come with me, Draco. I'm not taking no for an answer, not after that," I said as I slowly started to look up. He had a pained expression on his face.

I took that as his final answer. I turned and walked away. I walked down the hall to my room and I didn't hear him come after me. I closed the door behind me and leaned against it as fresh tears started down my cheek.

Draco's POV

I didn't mean for it. Any of it. But once it started it was hard to stop. I wanted to go with her, but alone, just us. And when she said she was going with the damn Golden Trio, I lost it. Is it really my fault? I suppose it is. I don't know why I didn't just tell her the truth. I guess maybe I was scared, I don't know.

I sat on the couch and put my face in my hands. How could I mess this up so badly? I sighed and stood up, heading to bed. "I guess I just wasn't meant to love her."