Nightmare

My forgotten nightmares came back to me as soon as my eyes closed. I was thrown back into the dream world to be assaulted by the worst nightmare I have ever had.

It started out in darkness. And then there was fire.

Fire roaring all around me and I couldn't do anything. It was like I was frozen to the spot, frozen by fear. I was never afraid of fire, but this, this was something totally different. It had to be, because the flames were getting fiercer as it got closer to me. Like they were alive.

Then there was a loud rumbling sound as the earth beneath my bare feet gave way just before the fire completely engulfed me. I fell in to a hole and was being buried alive. I could feel the cold soil surround me entirely. It was different, I knew somehow. It felt like it was dead like no life ever touched these soils.

It was dark for a few moments before I could see a dim light above my head. I started swimming to it, because suddenly the earth became water and I was struggling to reach the surface. Struggling for the air at the surface that my lungs needed desperately. But it was sucking me deeper into its depth. This water was different I realized as I tried to kick free of the horror. It flowed with evil.

I sank and stopped swimming. I closed my eyes. I shot them open and I was suddenly standing in the middle of a field, only a single cloud floating in the sky. I blinked and it changed. The sky grew dark and a massive tornado was blowing through the field. It picked everything in its path up and threw it miles into the air, I was one of them. The wind was different when it whipped me out of its way. It was angry at me.

I landed with a hard thump, and for some reason, I could feel everything in my body start to hurt. Whether it was physical or mental pain, I couldn't tell. But when I landed it hurt a lot, if I was awake I would be dead.

I stood up shakily in a dark area, but still I could see. I heard a whisper just behind my right ear.

"You will join me," it said, "and you will lose everything, you have and will ever love."

I could feel a shiver creep up my spine.

Then faces of people started to form like a slide show in front of me; my friends, the Michaels, the Malfoys. Then new faces started to pop up. Red-heads that looked like Ron, guys that looked younger than Mr. Malfoy, but still pretty old. Faces that I knew and never knew all appeared in front of me. It lingered a little on Draco and went to a face of a little girl. One I never met before and I would have remembered a face like that. She looked a lot like Draco, but she had green eyes.

"My eyes," I said, as I found I could speak. But my voice sounded different, it sounded forced and old.

Her face disappeared and was replaced by a new one. Harry's. His face became twisted in pain and agony as he screamed in silence. Then an image popped up out of nowhere.

A man and woman were running away from something. The man looked like Harry but his eyes were hazel, not green. The woman, well, I couldn't tell really. They ran as fast as they could; hand in hand running in terror. Then she turned and I could see her face. She had my face, she looked exactly like me, except she had red hair. Then they disappeared in a blinding green light. I tried to shield my eyes but I couldn't move.

Then everything went black. And the whisper came again, except it came from everywhere.

"You will join me and you will lose everything you have and will ever love," it said and repeated over and over again.

Then I shot up out of my bed. Sweat running down my face. I was hyperventilating. I was shaking uncontrollably. I looked around and my curtains were still closed around my bed. I tried to calm myself down and regulate my breathing before I passed out. I could feel tears streaming down my face.

There was a little streak of light falling gracefully on my covers. I opened my curtain and stepped out. I walked over to my window and saw that last night, the first snow of the season had fallen down to earth. Everything was covered in a thick blanket of white. Some were already up and enjoying the morning snow.

I, on the other hand, couldn't have cared less about the frozen wasteland I was staring at. I turned from my window to get ready for a day of fire in the freezing snow.