Everything Will Be Alright...

Idea line from GlitterInTheAir

_______________________________________

After lunch, Draco and I took a walk out on the grounds hand in hand. We got to the lake and sat down. I leaned my head over to rest on his shoulder as he put his arm around mine.

"So...Potter...what was up with that?" he said.

"Well it turns out that Harry and I are twins," I said, forgetting for one second that I should have been a bit more precautious.

He tensed beside me. He cleared his throat. "Are you?" he said his voice forced and cracking at the end.

"Yes." And that's all that he needed before he blew up.

He jumped up and looked down at me. "How could you?" he yelled.

"How could I what?" I said as I looked up at him.

"Be his sister. How could you?"

I stood up and looked at him. "You're blaming this on me? Seriously?"

"Yes. How could you have let this happen?"

"Well sorry. I wasn't even born yet and it's my entire fault. Sorry I couldn't choose my parents!"

"I forbid you from ever seeing him again," he growled.

"Who are you to say what I can and can't do?!"

"Your boyfriend!" he shouted as he threw his hands into the air.

I couldn't take this. I had to try and calm down. I could tell my blood was boiling. My vision was starting to turn red. I closed my eyes and tried to take deep breaths.

"Draco," I said, not opening my eyes. "You're a jerk. And you're not my boyfriend." As he really never did officially ask me out, he probably just assumed that because we kissed we were magically boyfriend and girlfriend.

"I'm a jerk? And what do you mean I'm not your boyfriend? You're the one that had to be born," he yelled at me.

My eyes shot open and I gasped. I couldn't believe he said it.

"Wait, that's not what I meant," he said as he realized what he had done.

"I'm sure that's exactly what you meant, Draco," I said trying to hold back the tears. I started to walk away when he reached out and grabbed my arm, trying to bring me back to him. I yanked my arm out of his grasp. "Just when I was starting to fall in love with you," I said. I turned and ran back to the castle with a cold winter wind whipping into my face making it numb and tears rolling down my cheek, making it wet.

When I got back to the castle, I was out of breath and numb from the cold. I started to walk aimlessly around the castle. I didn't know where I was going until I found myself staring at a portrait of a fat lady.

"What do you want?" she asked in a snobby voice.

"Um, nothing," I said. I turned around when I heard something behind me. Hermione was walking out from behind the portrait.

She spotted me and smiled. She came walking over toward me. "Harry told us," she said.

Her smile disappeared when she looked at my eyes and saw that I had been crying.

"Do you want to talk about it?" she asked as she hugged me again. All I could do was nod as she led me into her common room.

Hermione was the only girl that I could talk to. Pansy was off with Theo and she was disgusting anyway. And everyone else I knew were guys. But Hermione, she understood. She nodded when she needed to and interjected an opinion when she could. I talked about everything and she'd say things like 'jerk' and 'it'll be alright' but I knew that without Draco, I couldn't.

"The thing is that, if it wasn't for the Dark Lord kidnapping me, I would never have met Draco the way that I did. We would never have been friends," I said as my eyes finally went dry and my nose was dry as well. "But, I never would have wanted this to have happened if I knew it would end up like this."

She put her arms around me and hugged me close to her; I leaned in as I could feel another tear coming.

"Everything will be alright in the end," she said. "Although things might feel like they're getting worse before it can get better. But I promise, in the end, everything will be better," she said softly, as one tear, just one tear, fell from my eyes and landed on the arms that were holding me.