𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐥 ★───────

"We need to talk." Carla grabbed my hand and lead me straight into one of the toilets.

"We have nothing to talk about." I cut her off, whilst crossing my arms on my chest.

"Look, we do."

"Okay, what do you want to talk about then?" I narrowed my eyes at her. Carla made sure nobody was listening and she shut the door.

"Polo told me he told you." She said as if it was nothing.

"You knew? You knew all along?" I scoffed, getting closer to her.

"He did it to protect me and my family. I didn't ask him to do it." Carla cried, and I ran my hands through my hair due to all the stress. "It was all about that stupid watch, remember? Marina had it, didn't want to give it back to him. It was all an accident, Victoria. He did it in a fit of rage."

"You didn't blab." I stated and she nodded.

"I slept with Samu just to manipulate him. He knew Polo did it, so I tried to do everything to protect Polo. I'm sorry, Victoria. You know I love you, you're my best friend." She grabbed my arm but I yanked it away from her grip.

"If you really loved me you'd tell me all of this earlier. I'd understand. But it's too late Carla. Look what's happened to Samuel." I began tearing up as well.

"About Samuel. I know you care about him, and there's only one thing we can do to save him." Carla shrugged, so I gave her a questioning look. "We need to report Polo."

"No." I cut her off. "I'm not going against my own brother."

"Vicki, I don't know what's happened to Samu, but what if Polo did something to him, we need to stop him. I know it's your brother and you love him, but it's the only right thing to do." Carla sighed.

"I'm not reporting him." I looked at her bluntly.

"Fine. I'm going to report him, and I don't care whether you're going with me or whether you are not. You're not gonna stop me." She said as she turned around. I swiftly grabbed her arm.

"I'm only doing it for Samuel." I quickly wiped off my tears, as Carla looked at me. "Don't look at me when I'm crying."

"It's fine, let's do it." She smiled and dragged me to Inspectora. We couldn't find her.

"Azucena!" I called out as we ran into our principal. "Where's Inspectora? We need to talk to her."

"Victoria, they have arrested someone." She replied calmly.

"Who?" Carla asked. I looked into the direction Azucena was looking in. Guzman. My Guzman. Jesus Christ.

"You won't mind accompanying us while we search your grandparents' country house, right? That way if by any chance we find something, we will have you close by." She said as she held onto Guzman firmly.

"Not at all, inspectora. The only thing is I need to call my parents first." He sniggered. Did he really hurt Samuel?

"Don't worry, we already have. Let's go." Guzman followed after her, smiling at me as he passed me. He also mouthed something but I can't fucking lipread. I wanted to know what he said so badly.

"See, now you have no choice but to report Polo to protect Samuel and to protect Guzman." Carla caressed my cheek so I nodded and followed after her.

We were told to wait for inspectora to search Nunier's country house and as soon as she's done she'll come here to interrogate me and Carla. It took her quite a while to come back, and in the meantime I was losing my mind. I was so incredibly stressed. I didn't know if i was more stressed to blab my brother out, more stressed for Samuel or more stressed for Guzman. All I knew was that I was completely losing my shit.

When she came back, Carla told her all the details. She told her about the watches, about the trophy, about how Christian knew and how she helped him cover everything up. She also told her where they hid the trophy and I confirmed it all by saying that Polo confessed to me the night before Samuel's disappearance. Inspectora thanked us and asked us to leave the classroom. We waited for her to arrest my brother.

I took this as an opportunity and ran to the bathroom immediately. I kneeled down in front of the toilet seat and threw up, this knot in my stomach slowly disappearing as I did so. I felt someone grabbing my hair, so I quickly turned my head around to see Rebe, smiling at me miserably. "I'm fine." I groaned.

"Clearly not." She cut me off, causing me to roll my eyes. "What's going on Vicki?"

I got up and flushed the water, before making my way to the sink where I cleaned my mouth with some fresh water. I saw Rebeka in the mirror. "I just betrayed my own brother. I feel sick to my stomach."

"You did the right thing, bonita." She placed her hand on my shoulder and it relaxed me a bit.

"Can you stay here with me? I don't want to see him getting arrested." I cried out and Rebe nodded.

"Of course."

"I should have told Guzman as soon as I found out." I whispered to myself.

"Look, after all Polo is your brother. People can't dislike because of what he did, it's not like you knew about it all along or it's not like you controlled him. Yes, maybe you should've told him earlier but you can't go back in time, Vicki. You confessed, that's all that matters." Rebe played with my hair to soothe me. "Besides, Guzman should understand you. I think losing your siblings the way you lost Polo is way worse that the way Guzman lost Marina. Don't stress about it all, Vicki. I'll always be here."

"Thank you." I huffed out.

"For what?"

"For being you, Rebe. For being here with me when none of my childhood friends are here to support me. For being here for me, when I need a hug from someone." I hugged her tightly, crying into her shoulder, my mascara smudging all over my face.

"That's what friends are for, right?" She giggled. "At least it's all over."

"For now."