Chapter 5 - Another Shiggy Route

A month had passed, Hawks had been hanging around Twice to keep up his spying duties. To his surprise, Satoko had joined the League of Villains.

He recalled that she didn't seem like the type to be a villain, but he found that his judgment was wrong. He hadn't seen Dabi much around, but when he does, it was always arguments between him and Shigaraki.

He could pick it up the sound with his feathers that Shigaraki wanted him to leave, but Dabi wouldn't.

That wasn't why he was there. It wasn't good information anyway.

Eventually, Twice spilled some intel about Shigaraki's becoming All For One's vessel. There wasn't any more information he could get on how that process was done.

Word spread to Endeavor then it got to All Might. Then All Might had involved Izuku with this mission, since they're likely after his quirk.

Izuku felt anxious that the best option was to kill Shigaraki. Without a vessel and any more information to go by, All For One can be stopped.

He gathered his friends to tell them about his important mission. Melissa, Ochako, Katsuki, Momo, and Shoto were all present.

"It would be time for me to leave soon." Izuku still felt hesitant about it.

"Don't be a wimp. I should have been the one for the mission!" Katsuki growled. "Why did they choose a nerd like you?!"

"Really, Kacchan?" Izuku sighed.

"You'll be fine, Deku." Ochako spoke up. Her tone was a lot calmer than Katsuki's. She felt nervous for Izuku too, but she didn't want to add to the anxiety he was probably feeling already.

Melissa, on the other hand, wasn't as good at hiding her anxiety. She was visibly trembling. It frustrated her that she wasn't able to hide how she was feeling. Her fists clenched. She made sure to hide the quiver in her voice as she spoke. "Are you absolutely sure I can't go with you? I know that I don't have a quirk, but maybe I can do something with a support item of some sort?"

"Your uncle doesn't want you to come." Izuku replied sadly. He hated to see her this way. "Don't worry, I will be around pro heroes. We have the upper hand since this will be a surprise attack."

His arms wrapped around her to give her more comfort. His one hand stroked the back of her head. "This support is enough I can get from you." He smiled bashfully.

Melissa could feel the way that his face became warm. She could even feel his heart picking up speed. She never noticed small details like that in people before, but something was different about this hug. Something within her was screaming for her not to let go.

She didn't know why she was so worried. She had witnessed him go through a life threatening situation before. He handled it like a pro hero would. He even took the time to wrap her arm up when she was injured. So why was it any different?

She tried her best to take a deep breath without being obvious about how nervous she was, but the breath came out sounding shaky.

Shoto was sitting beside Momo as he watched what was going on. He spoke in a low voice so that only Momo could hear. At least, he thought that only Momo could hear. He wasn't aware that Katsuki was listening too. "Yaoyorozu...do you think that Midoriya loves Melissa?"

"Eh?" Momo looked towards Shoto and then back towards her friends. She could see in her freckled friend's face the way his eyes looked.

The only gaze you give to someone you have feelings for.