Chapter 4 - Shigaraki's Route

One night, Satoko and Shigaraki were talking about everything for a bit. It was hard not to blame herself for Twice's death.

"I wish I wasn't lacking in that fight." She sighed. "I couldn't make them all go away without my voice."

Shigaraki was upset as well. They were all grieving in their own way. "Eraserhead is a big threat. We should kill him the next time we encounter him if we can."

"Is this how we need to continue living? Just to keep killing?" She looked down. "Why must it be this way?"

She honestly didn't want to bother hurting anyone. At this point, she wanted to shut herself off from this cruel world.

She wished she could forget everything. Including Dabi and her trauma. It was so overwhelming that she couldn't cry anymore. There was too much numbness in her emotions. If it weren't for Shigaraki, she would have completely given up.

"Maybe not." Shigaraki lifted his head up a little higher. "Maybe I can kill all of the heroes myself. I hadn't told you yet, but I've been going to see a doctor who is making changes to my body. I was going to go again tonight."

He smiled, but his eyes looked sad. It was a bit like the way Dabi used to look at her. "Do you understand? I'm going to get All for One's quirk. I can protect you and Toga."

That sudden urge of dread washed over Satoko's face. A cold sweat dripped down her forehead. Being told that he was leaving her made her feel extremely anxious.

The way he was gazing at her brought a deja vu that put an ache to her heart.

Not only that.

All For One.

"Don't go to him." She had distress in her tone. Her hand desperately held onto his arm. "From what I do know, he can't be trusted. We don't have to kill anyone!"

"Satoko..." The sadness in his eyes intensified. His eyes started to shine with tears. No tears could seem to fall though. "I have to do this. It's the only way for us to be happy."

"Due to his history, there's something off." She shook her head. "I have a really bad feeling about this. That I won't see you again. If you go, I will follow you and stop you."

The fear of being abandoned was resurfacing once more. She didn't want to lose another person. She already lost so much.

Shigaraki became like a safety pin, holding her together. If he leaves, she knows she won't be able to take it.

Shigaraki's hand tightened around something in his pocket. Satoko didn't know it, but he knew that she would react like that. "No, you won't. I have to do this because I love you."

He stepped forward and pressed his lips against her cheek. Then, without warning, he pulled a cloth out of his pocket and put it over her nose and mouth.

Satoko breathes in the sleeping gas. It was a sweet smelling aroma. She was starting to feel very lethargic that she couldn't fight it.

(He... loves me?) She couldn't process anymore words in her mind.

Everything caught her off guard. Her mind was flooded her screaming inside her head.

Don't leave.

He could see it in her eyes for a small second before she closed them.

There was no way she could fight the urge to falling asleep. She fell forward as she was completely knocked out. Shigaraki caught her, preventing her from getting hurt. He carefully lifted her up in his arms. He laid her down on the couch.