Chapter 2 - Another Shiggy Route

Shigaraki felt a strange feeling of admiration towards her. It was weird compared to the irritation that he felt earlier. It was no wonder Dabi wanted her on their side. She was strong; both physically and emotionally.

"You aren't leaving." Dabi grabbed her wrist tightly. His feet planted firmly in place. "This isn't a charity organization. We have things to do."

"I never promised staying." Her eyes challenged his as a warning. "That sounds like a 'you' problem."

His hold on her wrist tightened. "It's your problem now. You don't have a choice."

"You can't tell me what to do." She growled, unfazed from that. "Let. Me. GO."

Dabi's eyes unfocused. His hand went limp to his side. There wasn't a word spoken from his lips.

Shigaraki took notice of that. (So she really does have a quirk?)

That was good. He could work with a quirk like that. It would make it so much easier to accomplish what he wanted to do. "Wait! Is that why your voice was gone?"

"It was like that with you too that other time when she kicked you in the face! You blanked out!" Toga exclaimed.

Satoko tried to speak, but once again, her voice wasn't there. She had a surprised expression. Not only that, Dabi kept staying unmoving. It was creeping her out a little bit.

"She lost her voice." Toga pointed out.

"Stay here. I'll get another drink." Shigaraki left the room and came back a few seconds later with a bottle of water. He handed it over to Satoko. "Drink this."

Satoko drank it. Sure enough, she tested out her voice. It came back. She looked a bit alarmed. "He's...not...?"

"Faking it? Nah." Toga waved her hand. "Dabi doesn't listen to ANYONE. This is your doing!"

"Mine...?" Satoko felt out of place. She was speechless. All her life, her parents made her seem like she was useless.

Quirkless.

Due to that trauma, it blinded her to see what she really had. Pieces started coming together as she realized other instances this had occurred. Not only that, she never really lost her voice until she used it on Dabi.

This power is definitely subtle and mysterious.

It also makes sense to how her voice gets affected and the fact her throat would be sore constantly.

Shigaraki smiled once again. This was something that could be used to his advantage. "Wouldn't you like to put that power to work? The heroes may not accept you, but we will."

"I... don't know how to use it properly." Satoko felt strange. It was hard to even accept this. But she really was getting convinced. It also was weird how Shigaraki was smiling towards her.

Dabi finally broke loose of Satoko's quirk. Toga hopped back in a gleeful surprise.

"Looks like you're back in reality." Toga chimed.

Dabi gave Satoko a death glare. The anger that he felt was different than any he had ever felt previously. It was strong, but it was also mixed up with a burning feeling in his chest that he couldn't quite place. The difference between the two was extremely subtle. When he compared it to being numb though...he realized that he craved more of whatever the feeling was. It was so much easier to suppress it though. "Why are you still here? I thought you wanted to leave."

"I was just wondering why you became like a zombie." Satoko retorted. "You seem nicer when you're quiet." He looked towards Shigaraki as a way to bring him into the joke. "It was more peaceful, right?"