Chapter 23

TRIGGER WARNING

Two days have passed. Satoko would have to keep dealing with massive cravings for cheese. She was constantly hungry. She often took breaks from moving around as she was very delicate with taking care of herself.

After using the bathroom, she noticed something off.

"What...?"

There was some tannish spotting that she was experiencing. It was only when she wiped after using the bathroom.

Was she supposed to be having that?

It made her a little nervous.

"Toya?" She took a picture of the spotting on her phone. As she walked out of the bathroom, showed him it. "Could this be bad?"

They're both very inexperienced with this kind of thing.

"I don't know," Toya said. "Let's call the gynecologist and ask."

Toya was pretty clueless when it came to pregnancy. Really, all he knew was that it caused pain, mood swings, and strange cravings. He was a bit less informed when it came to the more complex stuff.

"Right." Satoko would try not to stress. She doesn't want to impact the baby in any way. Bringing up the gynecologist on her phone, she called them.

She explained what she just experienced. The doctor was on speaker so Toya could hear them too.

"It's normal," the gyno answered. "The only thing you need to be concerned about is if you start bleeding red. This is just a side effect from the ultrasound."

"Oh, ok." Satoko answered. "What... does it mean if I bled red then?"

"A number of things, but you don't need to be worried." She reassured. "You would need to go to the emergency room for that IF that were the case."

"Ok, thank you." Satoko ended the call after more information. Yet the anxiety wouldn't seem to subside. She kept trying to calm her nerves in silence.

Toya put his hand on her stomach. "They're fine. You would know if something was wrong. It's just your anxiety acting up."

He felt anxious too. He was trying to convince himself just as much as her.

"It's hard with my emotions being unpredictable." She admitted with her hand also going onto her belly. "I can't wait to meet them, our little cheese lover."

"They'll turn into cheese at this rate." He smiled fondly. "That's pretty much all you eat now."

"I can't help it." She smiled while looking at him. "It's hard to explain. My mind just thinks about cheese all the time. I have to eat it until I'm satisfied. Haha!"

"I wouldn't mind something cheesy right now," he stated. "Which is surprising, because I've gotten pretty tired of cheese recently.'

She chuckled. "Maybe we can have cheesy curry." She paused for a moment. "What gender do you hope they'll be?"

"A son might be nice. I don't know if I'm ready for the teenage years if we have a girl," he said. "But I'm sure we would figure it out either way."

"I don't mind either. Although, a girl... she might have my stubbornness." She placed her hand on top of his. "I hope they have your hair color."

He leaned down and carefully kissed her stomach. "Whatever they look like, I hope they don't act like I did when I was younger."

"They won't," She played with his hair. "If we have to discipline them, we'll do it the right way. We'll give them love."