7.

Calandra

The ringing of the alarm clock wakes me up from my sleep. I open my eyes and I would like to turn around and go back to sleep. And yet: the new school year begins today and I am very excited. I'm finally seeing my best friends and classmates again. Who will be a class teacher? Are we getting new students? What is the timetable like? And will Lisa be class representative again? I have nothing against others but Lisa is ... a conceited turkey who is only class representative to follow her own wishes, not those of the others.

At school I am eagerly awaited by Liora and Aquata. Both fall around my neck. "Senior-Year!" We all three call almost simultaneously and run into our new classroom. We all sit in the second row. We have always sat together, even when we were still going to school in Amphypolis. I'm so excited who will be our class teacher, what our schedule looks like and whether someone new will come to us.

Liora taps me: "Imagine we got Mr. Roberts ..." My eyes widen. "God that would be more terrible this person is an idiot and un ..." I am interrupted when the door opens and said teacher enters the room. Everyone holds their breath. "Welcome to the senior year." He throws a pile of papers on the table in front of me and my friends. "Your timetables for this year. Take them with you when you leave the room later! The class is also divided, that means some of you have different teachers and subjects at different times than others, "he rattles off. He eyes us coldly through his glasses. "You will also work on a project throughout the school year, this project will make up half the grade of the overall rating. It is therefore very important! "He continues without moving any facial muscles.

Aquata, Liora and I look at each other. We have the same thought, this will be our project! "And to spoil the mood for you three," Mr. Roberts points to me. "There will only be two groups! By the end of the week you will have formed all groups and decided on a topic! You will write me everything on a piece of paper that will be on my desk by 12 noon on Friday at the latest! " Mr. Roberts turns to the blackboard and begins class. However, I hardly notice anything because I am appalled at how cold a person can be.

During the break, Liora and Aquata look at me sadly. "Would it be okay for you if we both ...", Liora begins. "Well, we thought we could do the project together, we already had a topic and ...", adds Aquata. I stare at them both in disbelief. So it's that easy to get expelled! I go back to the classroom, grab a schedule, and sit in the third row. As far away as possible from my fake best friends. What was that supposed to mean? Until the end of the break, I ignore the two who are desperately trying to start a conversation with me. Instead, I study my new schedule. Math with Mr. Smith, that would be fun, he seldom explained anything and his exams are supposed to be really difficult. English, on the other hand, was a piece of cake with Mr. Walker. And music with Ms. Evans, that would be relaxing hours.

After the break, Mr. Roberts storms in furiously, with a handsome boy in tow. He has light brown, tousled hair and clear light gray-green eyes. "This is your new classmate Mistral Ashoka, who decided three hours late to show up here! Sit down! "Ashamed, said boy hurries and ... sits down right next to me! Somehow he's funny. I have the same feeling about him as I did when I bumped into the girl in town.

Mistral

Damn it! Sleepy and that on the first day of school! I rush to school. Long, brightly lit blue corridors stretch out in front of me. Everything looks new and very modern. I run through the corridors until I stand in front of the secretariat. I knock and enter the room. A slightly older lady looks at me expectantly. "I'm new and don't know where!" A teacher comes running in. He looks me up and down. "Who are you?" He snaps at me. "My name is Mistral ... Mistral Ashoka.", I nervously feel my hands getting sweaty. "Aha! I'm Mr. Roberts your class teacher. Follow me!" he orders me to come after him. He opens the door to a classroom and rumbles off: "This is your new classmate Mistral Ashoka, who decided three hours late to show up here! Sit down!"

I feel myself blushing and look down. I rush to one of the tables in the third row and sit down. Next to me is a girl with blonde hair and beautiful green eyes. When I look at her, she shyly tilts her head. We don't exchange a single word until the end of the lesson. Before we leave the room, however, I grab her arm. "My name is Mistral." "Hey, I'm Calandra." She smiles at me and I feel like time will stand still. Your smile is the most beautiful I've ever seen. "Who are you going to do the school project with?", She raises an eyebrow and looks at me curiously. "School project?" "Oh crap, you weren't there yet. I'm on my way to the library, would you like to come with me? On the way I can tell you about the school project! "" Gladly, "I answer her and together we walk to the school library.

Once there, I was brought up to date by her. What kind of stupid teacher is that! To give up a school project for a whole year on the very first day. Are all teachers like that? I'd rather not ask Calandra about it. Instead, I ask her: "Do we want to do the project together? So if we find a topic that we both find interesting? "Calandra looks at me and smiling, she replies:" What are you so interested in? " She blows a strand of hair off her forehead. "Phew, there are so many topics. We should make a good decision, after all, it will be half of our final year grade. What would you think of it if we called our topic "Myths". " she looks at me questioningly with her bright green eyes. Her eyes remind me of a forest clearing that I found by chance in Delminum many years ago. "Maybe myths about Atlantis?" She asks when I don't answer.

I shake my head. "No. I don't believe in Atlantis, although it would be a good subject. I just recently read a book about angels and demons. For example, we could ask two questions: the big main question would be "Does Heaven and Hell exist?" A sub-question would be "Do angels and demons exist?" You couldn't do a lot of research there, but we could use possible evidence to prove that angels and demons might really exist? "I ask her and would like to sink into the ground. How can I be so stupid and, in principle, betray, that I'm not normal myself? But she looks at me just as shocked.

A moment later, her face lights up and she says with satisfaction: "I like the topic. We'll take it! "A short time later we said goodbye and went our separate ways. However, we had previously exchanged numbers and agreed to meet on Wednesday afternoon to come up with a few theses. Then we would start the project.