Chapter 14 He found me

Sometimes when you think your going to be fine your not. You think what's the point of hiding, if he's never going to find me. A new number, a new place to live. But that will never happen. Maybe today is the day I die. Maybe today is the day I see the world in a different view. No. Today is the day Joseph calls.

Bill is here for dinner with his wife. Laughing and talking. Eating of course, but the tension changed when my phone ranged. I excused myself from the table to answer it. "Hello" I say. "Alena, Alena, Alena, baby girl did you really think I wouldn't be able to find you?" Joseph says. I drop the phone.

Bill is at my side, shaking me, voices are calling my name. I whisper "it's Joe he found me." Adam took me to the couch. Picking up the phone I put it back to my ear. Bill whispers put it on speaker. "Alena you make it too easy. Are you dumb or something, thinking I won't find you, or that your safe?

You must be dumber then you look. I will kill you, do you understand? Why would you leave me, why would you hide from me. Don't you love me like I love you."

"Regina. You did that didn't you, why would I love you? You killed Regina because she was pregnant." I asked. It was quite. "ANSWER ME" I have yelled. I'm sick of the bullshit.

"Now you know as much as I know I don't want no damn kids. So yes I killed her. It was already bad enough she had son. Just be glad her son lives with his grandmother......but when I find you, I'm going to take my-"

I start laughing, everyone is looking at me like I'm crazy. "When you find me, when you find me. IM RUNNING THIS GAME NOW. IM SICK OF THE BULLSHIT I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH. SCARED THAT YOU MY POP UP WHERE I LIVE, OR THAT YOU MAY CALL......JOSEPH COUNTY WHEN I FINE YOU.....YOUR GOING TO WISH THE POLICE GOT TO YOU BEFORE ME." I yelled over the phone.

"Look here and listen I dont k-" I cut him off again. "No you look here and listen, I don't know who you think you are,  I'm your wife. Well your ex wife. I didn't do nothing to you to deserve this. I DID EVERYTHING. I MISSED MY OWN FATHER'S FUNERAL,  BECAUSE YOU NEED ME. MY OWN FATHER. YOU ABUSED ME FOR 2 YEARS, TO LONG......I'm filing a divorce,  and if I see you in the court room.....wish I didn't. "

I end the phone call. I get up. Wipe my face,  get motion everyone back to the table. Everyone hesitated, because they are scared. "I'm going to bit, now were going to have a good time like we just were and forget that he just called." And thats what we did.

Truth is I don't want to fight Joseph,  but I will do it if it protects me, and if its going to set me free.