t w e n t y - o n e

I stood in my wardrobe, looking at the two dresses in front of me. I had no idea which one to wear. I debated over it for five minutes before I thought about how silly I was being. Bucky wouldn't care what I wore. I picked a black dress that flared out at my waist and ended just above my knees. I wore a pair of black heels and put on some gold jewellery. I decided to leave my hair down and just put on a little bit of makeup to add some flare.

There was a knock at my door. I practically bounded towards the door and opened it. Bucky stood there and smiled at me.

"Hey, y/n," he said.

"Hey, Bucky," I said, leaning in to kiss him.

He kissed me back and pulled away after a few seconds. Bucky handed me a bunch of roses.

"These are for you," he said.

I beamed at him.

"These are gorgeous," I said. "Let me find a vase for them, and then we can go."

I found a vase and placed them on my bedside table. I then took Bucky's hand and we walked down to the garage. Bucky drove us to the nice restaurant that we had decided on. When he parked the car, he walked around and opened the door for me. I smiled at his gentlemanly behaviour. We linked arms and walked into the restaurant. We got our table and sat down.

We spoke about anything and everything. We spoke about our missions, about our friends, about food... just everything.

And it was perfect. Soon enough, our food arrived. We continued talking, as if we could never run out of things to say.

Once we had finished our dinner and dessert, we got back into the car. Bucky drove and we continued talking.

When we got back home, we walked back to the common room hand in hand. Steve and Sam were hanging out playing Mario Kart.

"On your left."

"I KNOW YOU'RE ON MY LEFT I CAN SEE YOU!"

I chuckled at the pair. I tugged at Bucky's hand and we sat down together on the couch across from Steve and Sam. I cuddled into Bucky, still holding his hand. His metal arm wrapped around my waist and held me close.

I was enjoying just chilling with my boyfriend when Clint burst into the room, blood dripping from his nose and a cut on his face.

"They have Wanda!" he cried. "Hydra has Wanda!"

*

Everyone was in their battle suits minutes after Clint arrived. We were all ready to go and get Wanda back.

Vision was angry. I'd never seen him angry before, and it was slightly terrifying. We all piled into the quinjet and took off.

"I was on a mission with her," Clint said. "We were ambushed. More than I could handle. She was handling them pretty well, until they hit her with a tranquiliser. She told me to run... and I did."

Clint looked ashamed of that.

"If you hadn't run and told us, you both might be captured, or dead," I said. "Now we have somewhere to start."

Clint nodded slowly. Natasha wrapped an arm around her best friend comfortingly.

"We'll get her back," Bucky assured him.

We travelled to the place where Clint had last seen Wanda. It was an old army base, and everything looked normal.

"Let's just look around," Steve said.