n i n e t e e n

I stretched as I awoke. I'd had a deep sleep, and I was ready for breakfast. I had a shower and put on some clothes before leaving my room and making my way to the kitchen. I reached my destination and looked through the various cupboards and fridge for something to eat. I groaned when I realised we needed to go grocery shopping.

"What's wrong?"

I turned around to see Nat.

"Need to go grocery shopping," I grumbled.

I grabbed the shopping list off of the fridge and added a few items to it.

"Need anything?" I asked.

Natasha looked at the list and wrote something down.

"Friday, please let the team know that I'm going grocery shopping, and to come to the kitchen if they need anything. Tell them I'm leaving in twenty minutes," I said.

A few minutes later, Bucky, Sam, and Steve entered the room. I smiled shyly at Bucky, not used to having him as my boyfriend. He walked over to me and kissed me on the top of my head.

"Morning, Doll," he murmured.

"Morning," I said wrapping an arm around his waist.

"I need eggs!" I looked up to the roof to see Clint dangling precariously from a vent. "Like, lots of eggs," he said.

"I – uh... okay," I said, writing it down on the list.

I read over it once and stuffed it in my pocket.

"Who's coming with me?" I asked.

"I'll go," Bucky said.

I smiled at the soldier. My soldier.

"I also need breakfast," I said. "That's a priority."

Bucky chuckled. We made our way down to the garage and picked out one of Tony's cars to take. We stopped at a diner first to have breakfast, then made our way to the supermarket.

We walked around the store and I glanced at him a couple of times.

"Do we, uh, hold hands now?" I asked.

Bucky chuckled and interlaced our fingers.

"If you want," he said.

I shook my head and squeezed his hand. We got all of the groceries, and I made sure to get extra eggs for Clint. Bucky and I packed everything into the car and then made our way to the tower. We took all the bags up in elevator. Bucky took most of them, even though I told him that I could take some. He left me with five bags while he held fifteen.

Show off.

We put all of the groceries in the kitchen and put them away. Once that was done, Bucky and I stood in the kitchen, looking at each other awkwardly.

"So... uh... what do you want to do now?" I asked.

Bucky smirked and moved closer to me. He placed a hand on my waist and the other on my cheek. The feel of metal against my skin sent shivers down my spine. Bucky leaned in and placed his lips against mine softly, and then more firmly. I kissed him back hungrily. When he pulled away my lips chased his and he grinned at me.

"That's a fun thing to do," I said. "We should do it more."

Bucky laughed and kissed me on the nose.

"You're amazing, you know that?" Bucky said.

I rolled my eyes and kissed him again.

"Hey, Bucky! Y/n!"

I pulled away from him and turned around to see Steve.

"Uh... we're all watching a movie if you guys are interested," he said.

"What are you watching?" I asked.

"Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone," he said.

"Ooh! Let's go, Bucky!" I said, tugging him along.

He laughed and walked with me. We entered the tower's movie theatre and took up one of the many couches. I snuggled into Bucky and he wrapped his arm around me. I noticed it was his metal arm, and I wondered when he'd become more comfortable with showing and using it.

We watched the movie and cuddled. It was only a day into our relationship, and things felt... almost normal. Maybe it was because we had been living with each other for four months already, or maybe it was just luck. Or maybe things would become awkward tomorrow.

Sometime in the movie, I fell asleep. I felt safe in Bucky's arms. It was weird, because less than two months ago, I would have felt the least safe in his arms.

But things change, and I was able to embrace it.