s i x t e e n

I woke up in my bed. I stretched and heard a few pops and cracks. Memories of the previous night flooded my mind, and I shivered. I was glad that Ricky had been caught, and that we had found evidence of his crimes.

I got out of bed and took a shower. I got dressed and headed down to the kitchen. I made myself a cup of much needed coffee and put some pop-tarts on for myself.

"Morning, y/n," Clint said.

"Morning," I said, yawning.

My pop-tarts popped up and I started eating them.

"Good morning, Lady y/n, and Clint," Thor said when he entered the room.

He walked past my plate and plucked up my final pop-tart, taking a bite. I shrieked in outrage and he shoved the rest in his mouth before running off.

"I swear, his days are numbered," I growled.

Clint chuckled.

"Having a chill day today?" Clint asked.

I shook my head.

"I'm going to train," I said.

"Are you sure that's a great idea?" Clint questioned. "I mean, you used a lot of power last night. You don't want to over expend yourself."

"I'll be fine, Clint," I said. "Besides, it's mainly mediation based. I'm just going to... sit with my power."

Clint nodded.

"Well, have fun. I'm going to prank Sam," he said.

He waved goodbye and left me alone in the kitchen. I finished my breakfast and walked down to the training rooms. Bucky and Steve were already down there, sparring.

"Morning, boys," I said.

They both stopped sparring and turned to face me. Both of them were sweating profusely and breathing heavily. My eyes travelled along Bucky's form, before I looked back to Steve, heat rising to my cheeks.

"Morning, y/n," they both said.

"Shouldn't you be resting?" Bucky asked, looking at me in concern.

"Oh shush, you mother hen," I said, waving him off. "It's mediation based."

Bucky's lips thinned but he didn't say anything else. I found a nice spot in the training room where I could sit and concentrate.

Step one of mediation: clear your mind.

Easier said than done. The events of last night were still fresh in my mind. Ricky trying to take advantage of me, and Ricky being put in the trance.

I decided to think about something else. A loud grunt pulled me out of my thoughts.

Bucky. I squinted to see that Steve and Bucky were still fighting. I took a deep breath. My mind began to clear.

Step two: summon you power.

I did just that, letting it sit with me. I started with my telepathy, feeling it in my head. Then I moved onto the telekinesis, feeling it all around me.

I could feel it pulsing around me. It was slightly nerving, and yet calming at the same time.

"What's she doing?" Steve whispered.

I tried to ignore his voice.

"Mediating," Bucky replied. "She used to do it at Hydra all the time. Helps her understand her power."

I cocked my head slightly. Bucky had paid that much attention to me? Had it been just because the Winter Soldier watched my every move? Or had Bucky just remembered that part about me?

"Buck, are you okay?" Steve asked.

"I – I don't know... I feel... weird –"

He was cut off as he began groaning. I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn't. Clear your mind.

"Buck? Bucky?" Steve asked. "Y/n!"

"I – I can't –"

And then I couldn't talk. My power was doing something weird. It felt like it was mine, and yet not mine at the same time. I felt like I was moving between two places in the room.

Stupid. I was stupid. My mind wasn't clear. It was filled with Bucky Barnes, and now it was latching itself onto him. And I couldn't stop it.

And then it stopped.

I couldn't feel my power anymore.

I opened my eyes to see Steve leaning over me.

"Bucky?" he said.

I looked to my side to see a metal arm attached to my body.

"I'm not Bucky," I said, my voice sounding masculine.

"I am."

I looked around to see myself sitting where I was before, with an extremely confused look on my face.