TWENTY

Standing at the entry of the manor, I could feel the nerves rising from the tips of my tongue. The car pulled around as I made eye contact with the driver. From the beginning he warned me about the Vampires, one day I hoped that I could thank him.

When the vehicle stopped, I held onto my breath. The car door opened as my fiancé stepped out and immediately looked at me. He was just as I remembered.

Black hair shaved down to a buzz cut with the scruff of a beard, his tanned skin glowed in the sunlight. His uniform was the same as mine but instead a gun was put in the holster of his side. He marched up to me, his height matching mine. Strange since Alex towered over me. "Greerson." He called out to me, smiling as he looked down to me.

"Santrill." The air was awkward, I looked away from him for a second. I could feel Alex's eyes on me through the window.

He coughed at me, he felt the same. What would I say to him? He was an unwanted fiancé sent here by strings pulled by my not mother. "You look well." He motioned for me, our fingers nearly skimmed each other. I pulled away from him. It wasn't anything against him, I just really didn't want him here.

Get yourself together Delia. I told myself, "You do too." The car sat there waiting for me, I guess I really had to spend my day away from the Vampires. I knew what this visitation really was, it wasn't a free day off. It was to make sure that I stayed in order. "I'm sorry my mother sent you here for nothing." I mocked her, the thought of my parents for upping the strings of my life irked my every being.

"It's fine, I finally got to meet you appropriately." Santrill smiled, if he weren't forced to see me, maybe I would have enjoyed his company.

Then I remembered what what Surano told me and bitterness came to the tip of my tongue. "Apparently you think we're already married, I'm sure your friends already see me as your wife." My brow rose and I could feel the shudder of the Vampires movements in the house behind me. They were all becoming increasingly impatient.

He sighed, drawing his hand down his face. "Surano told you."

"You must be real cocky to act like that." I snapped at him, I wondered what went through his head. Then again I didn't really care. I just wanted him gone.

He digressed to me, his frown forming a cold thin line across his face. I didn't want to know why he said it, I just wanted to punch him. "My squadron say the photo of you in my file, they started joking about the things they wanted to do to you. I don't said what I said so then they'd leave you alone." Things they wanted to do to me. Keeper men were the worse.

I didn't believe him, "I'm sure." My hands turned to the doors of the manor as I hoped the others would listen to my pleads.

"Might I be introduced to my hosts?" He chuckled as if he were in a comedy show, as if these Vampires were about to like him or something. The door opened as they all stood before us. Alex in the center and the others around him. Nelo hung on Nat's shoulders as his eyes squinted. Their eyes were deadly, like the first time I met them. This was going to be interesting.

I put my hand out to introduce my fiancé. The only eyes I met were Alex's because they were the most dangerous pair I've ever seen. If looks could kill, his would. "This is Captain Theron Santrill. Nelo, Natalia, Holstein, and Prince Alexandur." His gaze might just burn the Keeper alive. When I said Alex's name, he flinched back from the deadly idea or his normal self.

"Please to meet all of you." Santrill nodded off.

Silence, complete and utter silence. Maybe I should just look away, it wasn't worth picking a fight. Then a French accent broke it off, "We don't feel the same." Nat snapped at the Keeper, strange considering how she first treated me.