TEN

I walked into the dining room, everyone stared me down. "I need to go into town to get supplies." They all stopped eating, just looking at me. I didn't mean to disturb their peace but I guess now it's unavoidable. "I can't leave the Prince behind but I don't think it's best to go into town with him." I acknowledged him as he simply ignored me and went back to his plate. I rather him do so anyway.

"I can get it if you give me a list." Holstein was the first to speak as always. I thought about it but I didn't trust him to get everything I needed.

Still he would probably be the only option considering the situation, "Everything has to be down to the detail." I said putting my hand down to the hilt of my blade. Summers have been getting hotter so I haven't been wearing my jacket, instead just making sure I keep my blouse clean.

The others continued to eat as I just stood there, "What you need?" He asked me, thinking back to the cleansing spell. I considered all the supplies and the after effects. I didn't know how powerful the spell in Maggie's room was. The black magic that emitted from the ground seemed deadly, I would need more than what some might have to offer.

"Two leaves of Angelica, a Cedar smudge, a jar of black pepper, and a jar of willow ash." I didn't want to mention that I would need broken glass and a vile of Maggie's blood. It didn't need to be explained. For to break a black magic spell, you yourself have to cast black magic. I've seen it done before, it's against everything the Keepers go by but after speaking to Surano he thinks it's best to keep it from the council and do it myself. I know I'll be able to do it. I just need to do it quick.

Natalia was quick in her step, "Are you going to try to break that spell?"

I nodded to her, "Yes but I need those things and a whole day of privacy." No one needed to know that I might exhaust myself of all my energy. That I might faint and lose consciousness if done wrong. That I might even be consumed by it. I didn't want to think about it either.

"Are you going to be bleeding again?" The Prince asked, it's been a while since he's talked to me. It was nice hearing his voice again.

Sighing against him, I wasn't in the mood to fight. "I do use blood in my craft so yes."

Prince Alex didn't look happy, his Romanian accent broke through this time. "Could you find another way?" He asked me. Running his fingers through his golden hair in a slight panic. His red eyes rolling around my body as the thought of me bleeding before him seems to drive up his body.

I knew he was thinking about us blood sharing, "Unfortunately not." I breathed.

He didn't like that. Then again what did he like that I did. "Everything is so complicated with you Keeper." Keeper. It was clear how he saw me. Naive Keeper girl who is a simple hound against him. He didn't even try to understand me or work with me.

Opening my mouth to speak, I was cut off by the kindness of Natalia. "Alex I am so tired of this, I know we aren't supposed to like Keepers because of some age long hatred- but Cordelia is trying to help us, help you. Save your life and all. So please just suck it up for the rest of the summer because I am going to go insane if you two keep fighting." She rambled on, her hand slamming down on the table as the metal of forks and spoons rattled. The girl pushed herself up and stormed out. I could see the conflict in the Prince's eyes, he was too prideful to let go of his prejudice but he knew the breaking of Natalia and the others. They didn't deserve to be between our fights.

Holstein came up with an idea, "If you wanted we could all go into town." It was a good one but I didn't know how the others would agree to it. Holstein attempted to break the ice as he reached for the center of the table.