FIVE

I stared down my letter, I was stuck with what to say. Kate had wrote back to me and told me she's started dating again. I'm happy for her. She needs someone to take her mind off of everything. So did I, but I was surrounded by Vampires. That's when I felt it. Someone was leaving the manor. Rising to my feet I drew down to the corridor. Buttoning my jacket I could see the front door was open. The night had just began, I was suprised that no one was eating breakfast. I guessed that Natalia didn't win her argument.

Peeling from the front door I stepped outside. Someone didn't come in, someone went out. The Prince? The others? I closed my eyes and listened to those around me. I could hear it. The whimpering. I stepped down onto the ground. "What's going on?" Holstein came to the door, I put my hand out and shook my head. He needed to stay far from the barrier. I can protect them if they stay inside but the second they step outside it's out of my power.

Putting my finger to my lips I shushed him. The other's followed, the Prince nearly reached out until Natalia fussed him. She must have known about the barrier. I drew my sword from it's holster. Then there it was.

I jumped in my skin when I saw it, the Prince breaking his promise as he stepped towards me. "Go back inside." I told him and he thought I was kidding. "Now, I'm not playing with you anymore." The Prince backed away his brows creased, his blonde hair was wet. He had just gotten out of the shower. I didn't want him to see this. "All of you get behind the door and shut it." I warned them, they could tell that I was serious and backed away.

Looking down at the guresome scene I lifted my blade as I had it pointed to the ground. There was a servant Vampire, she was infected with a toxin and her body was covered in Blackthorn. She wouldn't survive even with the help of her friends. The girl would die no matter what. "Please, kill me." She wept, the servant knew there would be no one who could help her. I swallowed. This wouldn't be the first time I've killed someone in pain. Either way it was a horrible thing to witness. I didn't want to others to see this.

Swinging my blade down, it made a clean cut. I severed her head. I looked down to her lifeless body and grabbed a thorn that was decaying from her side. Moving back to the manor I could see what happened. Someone planted a Blackthorn bush at the steps. If they didn't see it then they'd be consumed by it. The poison would seep into their skin until they were nothing. Taking a long breath I began to but the branches down. Then I noticed I got Vampire blood on my boots and hands. Shivers running up my spine. There was no one near, who ever did this was long gone.

I went back to the body, I needed to get rid of the evidence.

In an attempt to control myself, I drew my blade back into it's holster. Moving up the steps of the manor I forced my way in. The other's looked at me. They had known what happened. "Go get me a lighter and some lighter fluid." I called out, Holstein was the first to move. After him, Sabien followed. I didn't want to face them. I had Vampire blood on my hands.

"Is she really dead?" Natalia asked me and I met her eyes. Her mouth parted as she turned away.

The Prince looked like he was going to burn away, his eyes furious as he marched straight out of the manor to see the body. I didn't stop him. I knew he was safe. Following behind the two of them I watched as Natalia fell to her knees. "This is all my fault." The Prince mumbled, I didn't realize that he would feel guilty for this. "I put their lives in danger." I wished I wouldn't have let the Prince see this, I wish I would have disposed of the body on my own.

I didn't know what to say, so instead I tried to comfort him. "I know this may not sound like the time but it's not your fault, it's the bastard who is trying to kill you." I stood back and watched. Looking to my feet I felt awful. Should I have let the Prince attempt to help her? Should I have waited for the others?