His True Colors

Chapter 17 is here!

_____________________________________________________________________

Russia kept walking, sighing whenever the thought of the fight with Germany enters his mind. He knew he shouldn't have gone that far, but he did it anyway, and a slap was given to him in return. But he deserved it, didn't he? Russia touched his face, sighing once more when he still felt the sting.

He saw the small park he used to go to with Germany, staring at the stall that they used to sell different things to families that stayed there. Sadly, the park was quiet and empty, making the Russian frown. Russia, do you know why I want to sell things here? The view of the lake and the families and children that enjoy themselves together at this place. It's a nice thing to see.

Russia shook his head and kept walking and walking, passing by the town where they had the play 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.' "I did well, да?" (yes) Germany smiled at the Russian and crossed his arms, "Performance, yes. Punctuality, no." "Hey, do you know how hard it is to wear this costume? It's even itchy." Russia complained to Germany, who chuckled in return.

This time, he walked at a faster pace. "It's around 1,000 ft tall. Russia, have you tried sky diving?" Russia's eyes widened as he looked at the German, questioning his life choices. "Блядь!!!" Russia's arms and legs were flapping like a baby bird trying to fly as Germany beside him laughed. "Russia! You have to relax!"

"They do seem like fairies." Germany giggled at the Russian and placed his hands high, admiring the glowing bugs. "Fairies with glowing butts-" Germany snorted as his hands fell and hit his face, slapping himself by accident. He turned his head to the Russian, staring at each other until they smiled and laughed together.

"It works most of the time, да?" Germany laughed a little, but the quivering in his voice was still present. He hugged the Russian. "Danke, Russland." "Welcome."

Russia stopped. He was suddenly in the city, breathing heavily from that long run. He looked back where he ran from then walked to the streets. "He deserves better..."

"HÃY CỨU TÔI !! SẮP RỒI !!" (EXCUSE ME!! COMING THROUGH!!) A pile of boxes carried by the Vietnamese were swaying back and forth, almost losing its balance. Vietnam was running and seemed to be fine, but a single tiny yet strong rock found stuck on the solid ground made him fall. Luckily, Russia was standing in front of him, carrying some of the boxes he caught from falling to the ground.

"Nooooo, Tôi chết khiếp-" (I'm so dead-) The Vietnamese mumbled on the ground and then looked up, noticing the Russian looking at him with boxes in his hands. "Whoops. Please don't tell anyone about this." Russia raised a brow and turned to both sides, seeing people staring at them when they passed by and minding their own business when they're far enough.

Vietnam stood up and dusted his shirt, making sure that he could at least try to look presentable. "Germany's friend, right? You're probably busy right now, but could you help me bring these boxes to the cafe? Canada needs these for a party tomorrow night." Russia nodded, starting the Vietnamese to pile up the boxes evenly for the both of them to carry. "Thanks." 

They arrived at the Canadian's cafe, where they saw a sign that says closed. Canada opened the door for the two of them, taking some of the boxes from their arms when they entered the cafe. "I'm sorry I didn't have time to help you, Vietnam. I was busy with all the urgent calls and paperwork I had to do." "Nah, It's fine. I got some help from him." Vietnam faced the Russian who placed down the boxes on the floor.