Nada's Cafe

Chapter 12!

Enjoy! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

____________________________________________________________________________

"Remember, we could only take up 3-4 hours staying at that cafe." Germany reminded America and China since the two would always take their time and pass the limit. "Yea, yea, we know Snow White." America rolled his eyes as he fixes his hair. He pointed at himself with two hands as a gun and winked. "Looking great, Ame." He whispers to himself.

"What are you trying to do? Impressing someone in the cafe?" China crossed his arms and raised a brow as the American smirked at him. "Why? Are you jealous?" America teased, which made China scoffed. "Who would like to date a cocky guy like you?" The American stood tall and clasped his hands behind his body, looking at the Chinese. "Hm, I don't know. Quick question, do you?"

"Guys, could you stop being so flirtatious over there and hurry up?" Japan narrowed her eyes at them and went out with Italy. "Those two have been crushing on each other for a long time, and yet they won't admit it." Italy sighed and got out the keys of the car from his pocket as Japan nodded. "The time is still 5:00 pm. We could arrive there at approximately 5:35 if we don't run in traffic."

"Don't worry, Germany. Who said we'd run into traffic?" Italy started up the engine and played dramatic music on the car. "Traffic is not in my dictionary." 

-Some moments later-

"Thank you for coming, and have a great day!" Vietnam handed over the customer's drinks as he checked the time on his watch. "It's almost closing time. Where are they?" "You think they got into traffic?" Canada untied the bow on his apron and hanged it on the wall. Vietnam placed his chin on his hands and looked at the ceiling. "That could be."

'SCREECH!'

"WOAH!" Vietnam flinched and stepped backwards as he saw the car in front of the entrance door. The window rolled down, and America's head came out as he shouted. "NADA! MY MAN! It's been a while, hasn't it?!" Canada waved back and mouthed 'Yes, it has.' to his noisy brother, who had no idea what the Canadian just said.

"Ame, you're so loud!" China growled at him, but the American ignored it. "P-Park..." Everyone focused on the German who was trembling and holding the seatbelt for dear life. "Parking l-lot." Italy snapped his fingers and drove backwards away from the entrance door and to the parking lot. "Whoops, I think I have kind of gotten away-" Italy placed his hands over his neck, looking at the German.

"You think? We went beyond the speed limit, almost hit an old man and almost broke the cafe door!" Germany's hand gestured at the speedometer and the door, still shaking from the Italian's fast yet careless driving. "It wasn't that bad. Right, guys?" China and America nodded while Russia kept silent, and Japan seemed to want to pass out. "Let's just go to the cafe," Italy sighed and went out of the door with the others.

"Hey, Viet. Did we arrive on time?" America entered the cafe and sat down on a chair. "Well, it's 6:30, which is our closing time. You arrived on closing time." Vietnam went to the entrance door and switched the sign from open to close. "What do you expect, Ame? We got stuck in traffic two times." China sat beside the American as Canada stood in front of the two, holding a notebook in hand. 

"So, what's it going to be? The usual or would you like to try something new?" "I've always wanted to try the strawberry cake! I'll take a slice!" Canada nodded and took down her orders with the others as Russia went to use the restroom. He entered the room, paying not much attention to the occupied cubicle.

'Flap' Russia looked at the cubicle, assuming that what he heard was from there. Not so later, a man went out of the toilet cubicle, wearing a brown sweater with small white feathers on his shoulder. The man then went out of the bathroom, followed by Russia, who was just behind him. 'Strange. Why do feather's keep falling off from his sweater?' He thought while observing the man in front of him.

So, what's the surprise?" America chewed on his doughnut while looking at the Canadian. Canada saw the man with Russia and smiled, "He's right there." "Hej, Niemcy." (Hey, Germany) The man smiled and waved at the shocked German, who almost dropped his coffee. "Polen...?" Italy clenched his fist as he stood up and suddenly walked towards the Polish and raised his hand.

He attempted to slap Poland, but Germany stood in the way. "Move, Germania!" Germany shook his head and blocked his way whenever he tries to get closer to the Polish. "Italy, don't! Please!" Japan shouted at the Italian, but it didn't get through his head. When Italy saw an opening, he used that opportunity to hit Poland, but Russia grabbed his hand, preventing him from attacking.

"Стоп." (Stop) Russia tightened his grip, looking at the Italian with cold eyes. He tried to break free, but it was useless since the Russian was too strong. "Okay, I won't! Let go!" Russia faced the German, waiting for his approval to free the Italian. Germany nodded and felt a tap from the back. "I know that I wasn't what you were all expecting, but there's something that I need to tell you guys..."

The tension suddenly became high. Everyone knew that whatever Poland would tell wouldn't be as pleasing as it would be. They had doubts about him, but they weren't going to attack him unlike, what Italy tried to do. It was all quiet until a phone rang in the Canadian's pocket, breaking the silence.

"Sorry, I have to answer this. You guys can talk ahead. I'll catch up." Canada went to the staff room while the others looked at each other. "Polen, we'll listen to you." Germany sat down on his chair, waiting for the Polish to speak. "I would start explaining to you guys, but there are some people who shouldn't listen to what I say. It's serious."

"It's just Viet and Nada. They've known us for ages, especially our secrets." America crossed his arms and raised a brow, curious how serious it is for them not to include the two. "Could we do this privately?" Poland looked at the German, hoping to get an answer of approval. Germany sighed and faced the Vietnamese.

"We'll be going. Could we take out our orders?" "Sure." Canada went out of the staff room and looked at everyone. "Oh, you're leaving?" America nodded and pointed at China behind him. "He's the reason why." China hit the American, making his glasses fall on the counter. "I'm right behind you." He stabbed his finger on the American's back. "Oh, wrong person."

Canada gave the glasses back to the American and their take-out orders. "If there's anything you need, feel free to come and ask me." Canada smiled at his older brother. "Yeah, sure. Thanks, Nada, you're a great help." America waved at the Canadian and went out of the cafe with the others.

"They're on the move. Should I follow?" Ukraine asked as he placed down the binoculars and stretched his arms, exhausted from spying at them. "That won't be necessary. We'll make a grand entrance when the time is right." Ukraine scoffed and rolled his eyes as he wore the binoculars again. "You know, you've been saying When the time is right, pretty often."

The man paused for a moment and chuckled on the phone, "And you've been visiting the Canadian's cafe pretty often." "How did you-" The phone call ended as the Vietnamese went out of the store and waved goodbye to Canada. "Come early tomorrow, Viet. We had a lot of phone calls from customers." "Vâng thưa ngài!" (Yessir!)

_____________________________________________________________________________

1330 words

Thanks for reading the chapter.