The Raven flies

Chapter 14 is here!

Let's begin where we left off

The falling scene

______________________________________________________________________

"Germany!!" Russia's voice echoed, his hands untying the rope on his waist without hesitation as he thought to himself. 'Wait, what am I doing?'  I'll fall and catch Germany. 'You'll both die. How will you even know he'll fly?' Russia let go of the rope, reaching his hands out to Germany as he falls. 'I have no idea.'

"Russia?! What are you doing?!" Germany tried to reach his hands, but their gap wasn't close enough. 'Damn it! I have to go closer,' Russia tried to keep his balance as he gets nearer to the German and held his hand, mission one complete. Japan noticed that both of them were gone and ran to the Polish. "Poland! They both fell! Shouldn't yo-"

Poland's wings stretched and flapped, getting ready to fly and catch the two. "Five seconds. He needs five more seconds to transform. Come on, Niemcy..." Russia looked at the German, thinking of a way to trigger the fluid in his body. "Germany, you can do this! Try to close your eyes and empty your head!"

Germany gazed into his blue eyes as he gulped and nodded. 'Okay, Deutschland. Clear your mind and close your eyes. Hear nothing. Breathe in and out.'

'In and out..'

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Germany found himself in a dark place, surrounded by tiny puddles of red and black water. The ceiling was leaking as he walked around the area, looking if someone or something is there. "You know, it's quite boring to stay hidden all these years. How's life like up there?" Germany faced back and saw a raven, staring at him and tilting its head.

"My, you've grown so big. The last time I saw you, you were half the size you are now. You always walk around with those cute jumper shorts playing with East." Germany stepped back, narrowing his eyes at the bird. "Who are you?" The bird cleared its throat as if he prepared everything it'll say just for that moment.

"My name is Bertrand, but you can call me Bobo for short" The Raven placed his wing on his chest, introducing himself with pride. "Bow..bow??" "Eh, close enough." It flew near the German's face, looking at him. "Let's make a deal. If you ever need my help, I'll give it to you. And If I need yours, you should never ignore me. There would be consequences, you know."

"I-"

"Two. One-" Poland ran to the cliff but stopped when he saw something flying upwards. 'Whoooosh' Germany spread his black wings as he soared the sky, feeling the cold wind in his face. His wings flapped up and down as he felt the adrenaline rush in his body. "Germania!! You did it!!" Italy shouted as Japan cheered on, while America and China's mouth dropped, not expecting him to grow a pair of wings on his back and carry the screaming Russian.

"Germany!! Land on the ground! We're too hIgH!" Russia's voice cracked at the last part, making the German giggle. "It's okay, Russland! Just look at the sky!" Russia shook his head like a child who didn't want to eat his vegetables. "When did you even learn how to fly!?" Germany's mind went blank as Russia's question kept repeating and repeating on his head.

"I don't know..." The Russian's eyes opened wide, looking at the German above him. "You what?" Germany gave a nervous chuckle while holding Russia's hands tightly, making sure he wouldn't drop him down. "It's my first time, but look, we're fine! 'First time, huh?' Germany suddenly looked around, expecting the Raven to appear somewhere.