Small talk

Chapter 11!!

I forgot to update this chapter but here it is! 

Unto the story!  (˘▾˘)

______________________________________________________________________________

"And after that, I started to get along with the four of them. Mrs Reich would always scold us whenever we ran all over the place except for Germany since he's always helping her do the chores." China leaned back on the couch and looked at the ceiling. "Snow White over here could sometimes be a party pooper." America narrowed his eyes at the guilty German.

"Germany isn't like you guys. You know that, but when he gets drunk, that's a problem we can't handle." Japan giggled as a memory of the drunk German flashed through her head. "Mhm, especially that time when he kept all the potatoes and acted as if they were children. We didn't get to have fries that night." Italy laughed.

Russia was surprised when he heard all those things and looked at the embarrassed German, who covered his face with his hands. But curiosity got the best of the Russian when he asked where Mrs Reich was to the rest of them. Everyone kept silent and faced the German, who still was covering his face.

"She's gone. The last time we saw her was 12 years ago." Germany placed his hands down and glanced at the Russian beside him before looking at the others. "She's not coming back." He stood up and walked in the direction of the entrance door. "It's fine. He's always like this after what happened to Mrs Reich. It's not your fault." China sighed and went back to his room with America. 

Japan and Italy looked at each other and then at Russia. "You should check on him." They said at the same time as they stood up and went to the kitchen. "You think he would?" Italy questioned the Japanese. "When we tried to comfort Germany, he wouldn't open up to us. He's more traumatized than we are. Let Russia try to help him, and if it doesn't work out, then we'll have to prepare the beer."

As the two were busy talking, Russia walked out of the door and looked around the area, expecting to see the German. By the time he reached the garden, the German was sitting under a tree admiring the view. Russia walked closer as Germany glanced at the Russian and then faced back at the beautiful and calm scenery.

"Do you come here often?" Russia started with the conversation, making it less awkward for the two of them. "When I need to clear my thoughts," Germany replied but this time in a less happy tone. "Do you need anything, Russia?" Russia knew that the German wanted some space, but he felt the urge to stay with him.

The Russian didn't answer, making Germany wonder if he heard what he said. What was he doing there? To apologize, But why? It wasn't Russia's fault that made Germany feel this way. He didn't know. Russia didn't know that his mother passed away. Russia kept thinking why was he there in the first place, but when Germany faced the Russian, His eyes were red as he forced the tears not to fall. 

'He's trying not to cry, but he's failing at it.' Russia thought as he saw a tear escaped from the German's eye, and a sob heard from him. Germany tried to hide it, but when more tears rolled down to the German's cheeks, Russia pressed his lips and sat beside the German."It's fine. It doesn't bother me."

He took off the German's glasses that fogged up from crying and wiped them with his shirt. "Hold these and don't get them wet," Russia gave the glasses back to Germany. "D-Danke." (Thanks) Russia nodded and wiped his tears away, but his hand paused when Germany looked at him. Their eyes met again, but this time it was different.

Russia felt a weird feeling spreading in his chest, but he shook his head and turned away. "So uh, are you feeling better?" Germany wiped the remaining tears and wore his glasses. "Y-Yea... but why did you-" "I'm used to it. My siblings usually cry a lot when they were younger." Russia leaned his head against the tree, looking at the sky.

"It must have been a hard job to do." Germany sniffed and leaned his head against the tree. "Mhm, especially all 14 of them." Germany faced the Russian. "You have 14 siblings?" Russia chuckled at the German. It's normal for Russia to encounter questions like those. Who wouldn't be shocked if someone has more than ten siblings or children? 

"да. You could sometimes forget their names or mix them up." "Sounds like an everyday challenge." Germany imagined having 14 siblings getting mad at him for forgetting their names, but then he gazed at the moving clouds. "Mrs Reich. She was a busy woman." Germany spoke up, getting the Russian's attention.

"My brother and I always watched her drink 4-5 bottles of beer every time she failed to destroy that project. She'd make our food and didn't eat any for herself and overwork to get anything or everything out from that organization.

"But that day, May 7, 11:00 p.m. 3 months after, they took her." Russia noticed that Germany was starting to stutter. "I was t-there, behind her a-and the others except for East. They had guns and pointed at h-her." Germany tried to breathe in and out, trying not to tear up again. "They wanted me, or else everyone would die at that moment, but my mom, she denied."

"They shot East in the head and my mother on the stomach so that she could see my dead brother beside her. Greece immediately pulled us out and escaped the cottage as we went further and further away from her. We saw the cottage burnt down, and gunshots heard in the area. But the last thing that I remember that night was her scream." 

It took time for Germany to notice it, but tears were rolling freely on his cheeks. He tried to wipe them, but they just kept coming. "S-Sorry-" Germany glanced at the Russian as Russia opened his arms for the German to hug. It was one of his strategies that usually work, especially towards his siblings. "It works most of the time, да?"

Germany laughed a little, but the quivering in his voice was still present. He hugged the Russian, and for some time, he felt better, not great but better. Maybe what Germany needed was a hug, or he needed to let go of the past. "Danke, Russland." Russia didn't know why but he liked what Germany called him. "Welcome."

'Ba-dump' 

___________________________________________________________________________

1111 words!!

Thanks for reading!