A Coincidental Event

"Aha!" A man shouted in excitement as he finally found what he was looking for early in the morning. He covered his mouth as he looked at both sides, making sure no one was there watching him. "Germany!" The girl in summer clothes with a tail swaying back and forth waved and screamed in a high pitched tone, startling the German. "Hurry up, will ya? food's ready." She giggled before going back to the cottage. 

The German nodded as he walked through the forest, bringing the things he found. Before entering, he glanced at the old medium-sized, reddish-brown yet sturdy cottage and sighed reminiscently. As he enters the doorstep, a delicious aroma roamed across the room as laughter and sizzling sounds were heard. "Germania! Hai Trovato I Funghi?" (Germany! Did you find the mushrooms?) The Italian hummed as he flipped the scrambled egg in the air and catching it gracefully with a plate.

The German placed the bags of mushrooms on the table. "I estimated how many I brought, and it could last us a few weeks, if not eaten by China. It'll save up some money than buying at a grocery store since you guys waste most of the money we had on other things..." The German quoted with this fingers. "Ah, here, Japan." A small bouquet has been given to Japan as the others look at it in curiosity. "え?What's this- hey!" Another man dashed through the room, snatching the bouquet and sniffing at it.

"这个!" (This!) The man stood on top of the chair and waved the bouquet in the air. "This is a calendula, and it can cure Ame's wound!" He said lightly. Italy, annoyed by where the man was standing, gave him a warning making the man get off slowly. While the others were busy talking, Germany helped the American walked to the dining table and sat down to eat. China started chewing messily and hungrily as if he hadn't eaten for days while Italy and Japan were conversing with random things about food and anime and hadn't touched their food were common in this household. Except for America, of course, who seemed to be too quiet after the accident that happened to his leg.

The German chewed his food, not minding the others while looking at the empty and abandoned chair. A faint memory entered the German's mind making him shudder, shaking his head left and right to make him forget about it. After eating, Germany excused himself, leaving the table and taking his bag while the other's were still eating their breakfast.

The German wore his shoes and went back to the forest four times today. He wasn't quite in the good mood or bad mood after eating his breakfast. He just needs some time alone, to think about something else aside from that memory he had years ago. He stopped in his tracks for a while, inhaling and exhaling deeply and proceeded to walk again.

"Okay, Deutschland, Let's try to take a different route this time and think of something else." He searched his surroundings, and a bird with red and black feathers caught the German's eyes. He bent carefully near the bird, trying not to scare it away. "What exactly happened to you?" Opening his bag and rummaging for a tiny bottle that contained calendula oil. The bird chirped in surprise as oil was placed unto his wounded wing and came after the long white bandage.

The bird preens its injured wing making a mess out of the bandage. "Dummkopf you're just gonna make it worse! Hey- c'mon!" It took some minutes to get the bird to stop taking the bandage off. The bird, now, having little resentment towards the German. "Don't give me that look, I just gave you some tweetment and you should be grateful for it." The bird placed his other wing on his chest feeling offended by the pun.

'Crack'

Germany heard it ... His eyes, now looking where the sound was coming.

'Crack'

The red bird, now shivering at the eerie feeling spreading through the area. And hopped unto the German's shoulder.

'Thump'

A man, wearing a blood-stained shirt and had messy hair, was looking lifeless on the ground. The German dropped his bag in shock and quickly ran to the body. He checked at his pulse and breathing sounds. "He's breathing, thank goodness." He said in relief.

Germany's eyes followed the man's footsteps to see how much blood the man just lost.

"..."

'He's might die any minute now,' The German thought to himself.

"Oh, Scheiße"

"chirp" The bird chirped, mimicking the German.

______________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading!!!

I hope you enjoyed the first part of the story and for the many other chapters to come. I was quite nervous about the story but eh, what's done is done. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

803 words, including my note. I can't believe I'm doing this on exam day yeesh.