Alive

This really wasn't the situation you wanted to be in.

You broke down after you guys left the house, but in spite of not wanting to stay there for too long in case the cab driver happened to change his mind about letting you all go, Dazai and Kenji had to basically drag you to the car. Akiko was waiting for everyone at the car incase there were any injuries, but everyone mostly just had little scratches. You, on the other hand, was still crying, but a little less this time.

There wasn't any time to calm you down, so you were shoved into the car in a hurry, getting placed between Ranpo and Dazai. And well, Ranpo was trying his very best not to make eye contact with you, for reasons you weren't sure of, but kept making small glances in your direction which were quite blatantly obvious. 

"Ah it's okay y/n-san. Ranpo-san over there has been losing his mind from the moment he realized you were missing. He's never been this messed up even when we were dealing with the great Fyodor!", Dazai calmly whispered, making sure the already tense Ranpo couldn't hear.

"Was he really that worried?", you whisper back, wiping away the few tears that were still on your face.

"Worried would be an understatement.", Dazai replied.

You're intentions weren't to make Ranpo worry of course, but even if you had come back when you had wanted to, and Ranpo didn't see you there, would he have still panicked? He said "see you tomorrow at work" on the note. Wait, did that mean he was checking up on you to see if you were feeling better? You took a quick glance at Ranpo, but accidentally made eye contact with him. You both held the look for a couple moments before he looked away.

Akiko made it to the agency a few minutes later, and Ranpo immediately hopped out of the car and ran into the building. You looked at Dazai to see if he had any clue about why Ranpo went in so fast, but Dazai just shrugged.

Walking up the stairs and into the office you were surprised to see remains of confetti poppers discarded on the ground. The rest of the agency was sitting in chairs, looking down at the ground, heads in their hands.

"Y/N-SAN? Y/N-SAN THERE YOU ARE!", Atsushi said, looking up, happily ran over to you.

"Y/N YOU'RE ALIVE!", Naomi cheered, running up to you and giving you a tight hug.

"Woohoo team living!", Tanizaki gave you a half smile and did a small fist pump.

Everyone ran up to you and embraced you in tight hugs and scoldings for scaring them so much.

"OII WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BIG SURPRISE?? THE BANNER??", Dazai asked, walking into the office.

"Well Ranpo-san came in and we all thought y/n-san was right behind him, so we popped the confetti poppers. But then we realized y/n-san wasn't behind Ranpo-san, and well Ranpo-san was practically on the verge of tears by the looks of it, so we all just assumed...", Naomi explained, but her words trailed off at the end.

"Well I'm here now! And in one piece!", you smile. For a second your smile faltered, thinking about the fact Ranpo was apparently almost in tears. The great Edogawa Ranpo! 

"Y/n-san? Glad to see you in one piece.", Fukuzawa smiled, walking out of his office, with Ranpo not so far behind.

"Aye aye president-san. I'm sorry for scaring you all. I hope you guys know it wasn't in any way on purpose. I was just being stupid and impulsive.", you apologize.

"Aye it's alright y/n-san. But this incident needs us to take more precautions.", Fukuzawa said sternly.

"Like?", you ask.

"Like Ranpo-kun suggested, keeping you in the same room as someone else.", Fukuzawa said, making Ranpo's eyes go wide, and start blushing, clearly not expecting to get exposed like that. You were probably blushing just as hard hearing Dazai's soft snickers.

"O-oh- Well that's fine! Of course it all depends on the other person!", you quickly say.

"Perfect! Ranpo-kun and you can share a room then!", Dazai called out, making even Kunikida let out a small snicker.

You look at Ranpo for some help in shutting Dazai up, but Ranpo wasn't looking anywhere near you.

"Well I mean if y/n-san is alright with it.", Ranpo simply replied, looking towards the wall.

"Well if Ranpo-san is sure, then I'm fine with it.", you reply, looking to the side as well.

"Now normally I'd say you two need to get a room, but that's already happening now isn't it?", Dazai smirked, making Naomi and Akiko laugh. Even Fukuzawa cracked a small smile.

And so now you're in your dorm, waiting for Ranpo to get his stuff from his dorm. You jump up from the couch when you heard the door start to open, but quickly sit back down when you realize it was Ranpo.

"Ranpo-san do you need help?", you ask.

"No I'm good.", was the simple reply you got. You sigh and slump down on the couch.

It was almost 9 pm and both you and Ranpo hadn't had dinner yet. You debate on whether eating out or cooking, but your thoughts were interrupted by a small cough for your attention.

"You don't have to cook, we can just eat some chips tonight.", Ranpo looked away from you as he patted the space next to him on his futon.

You give a half smile as you walk over and sit down next to him.

"Hey Ranpo-san.", you say, as Ranpo handed you a chip bag.

"Mm?", Ranpo asked, opening his bag.

"I'm sorry."

"For?"

"Oh I don't know! For making you worry like that maybe? Making you scared maybe? Don't tell me you weren't scared or worried. Naomi-chan said you were on the verge of tears!", you practically shout at him.

"But I wasn't worried or scared y/n-san.", Ranpo starts, and you open your mouth to object but he holds his hand out to stop you. "I was terrified y/n-san.", he finished.

Your eyes went wide, earning a small laugh from Ranpo.

"I'm sorry.", you say again, making Ranpo place a hand on your leg.

"Please don't say that. You didn't get kidnapped because you wanted to.", Ranpo's eyes were open now, his emerald colored eyes shining. You realize that his hand was on your thigh at that moment and started blushing, making Ranpo take his hand off and start blushing himself.

"You seemed hella mad at me for getting kidnapped though.", you look at him.

"I didn't want the whole agency to see me cry. I'm the greatest detective Edogawa Ranpo after all.", Ranpo smiled, flopping onto his back.

You give a small smile and flop onto your back too and close your eyes. This really wasn't the situation you wanted to be in. Well maybe that wasn't true. Because truth to be told, you were really liking this.

a/n: HEY HEY HEY!?!??! i hope yall enjoyed this chapter!! i needed more one on one with ranpo so i hope you liked that last bit :] and i also have a playlist for this ff!! https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5tmTM6ZPoI1RX8FYPysis4 i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter bc i had fun writing it!! Expect to see 1-2 updates per week :D. and pls do dm me if you have any ideas for this ff you want to see!! Ill try and incorporate it into the ff if i can!! AND BTW AS IM WRITING THIS WE HAVE THIS FF IN #5 IN BUNGOUSTRAYDOGS OUT OF 5K STORIES!! LIKE WHAT?!?!? TY GUYS SM IM SO GRATEFUL FOR EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!! LY ALL AND SEE U NEXT CHAPTER ('▽'ʃ♡ƪ)