Y/n-chan

"Oh come on Ranpo-san! Just this once, I'll be right back!", you beg Ranpo for maybe the 5th time that morning.

"No! Your begging isn't gonna work! And besides you were supposed to be right back last time, and look what happened then!", Ranpo shook his head.

You've been trying to get Ranpo to let you leave the dorm to go out the whole morning, only getting refusals in return. Okay, maybe you can't really blame him. He was right, after what happened last time you had to be a lot more careful.

But not to the point where he didn't let anyone in or anyone out! Even to the point where he didn't let any agency members in to check up on you. You had explained in great detail to what had happened the day before last night, mentioning the part about the cab driver's ability. Ranpo hadn't let anyone in because of that.

You know he was worried for you but maybe this was a tad bit extreme.

"Pleaseee, I'll let you come along too!", you try your shots again.

Ranpo sighed and took the keys off the coffee table and unlocked the door.

"Where do you wanna go?"

Ranpo was practically dragging you around the fair. You both had walked a few blocks after getting off the train to Tokyo, and managed to find a fair taking place. Ranpo had been to the fair last year so he was dragging you around to see all the stalls.

"OUU LET'S TRY THE BULLS EYE ONE!", you immediately light up once you see a stall with a water gun and a bulls eye target. It was one of your favorites as a kid.

"Aha well you see, I happen to be a pro at these kinda ones!", Ranpo grinned, rolling up his sleeves and picking up one of the water guns, as you hand 100 yen to the stall worker.

"Watch this go right in.", Ranpo squinted his eyes and pulled the trigger, sending the water right into the bulls eye.

"You know I really didn't think you'd get it! I thought this would turn into a fanfiction gimmick where you actually don't hit the target, and then I take the water gun and I hit the target, and then I win the stuffed animal and you go 'Hey maybe you're better than me after all...', and then I would go, 'Ranpo-san you cocky idiot', and then-"

"Y/n-san I think you read to much fanfiction.", Ranpo gave you a smirk, while he handed you a  small bear from winning the game.

You and Ranpo went around the fair for almost the whole day. It was honestly one of the greatest days you've had in a very long time. You felt great walking with Ranpo, but there was something else you couldn't put your finger on. Something about Ranpo. He cared so much for you, even when you were being stupid and impulsive. It wasn't something you had felt before with anyone else.

"Y/n-chan do you want cotton candy?", Ranpo asked, pointing to the stall near the exit gates of the fair.

"Ouu sure!", you smile, because one, you're getting cotton candy, and two, because Ranpo just referred to you with -chan.

Ranpo purchased a blue one, and handed you it, and pointed to a small bench right outside of the fair for you to sit on. You go and sit and start to slowly eat the cotton candy. When you were little, you loved it when your tongue would change colors because of the cotton candy, and was always so happy to go home to the bathroom mirror to see your tongue tinted blue.

"Ahh so bad news, they apparently didn't have any left, so we have to share if that's fine with you.", Ranpo scratched his neck as he sat next to you and took a small bit of cotton candy from your bunch.

You stretch your neck to see if the stall was being taken down because of the lack of cotton candy, but you realize that there were quite a few left. You look back at Ranpo who was pretending to not notice you looking at him, but he had a very obvious blush on his face.

"If you wanted to share you coulda just told me!", you laugh, feeling the heat on your face rise a little.

"I'll remember for next time y/n-chan!", Ranpo nodded his head.

"Mm I can't help but noticed you're referring to me as y/n-chan now?", you smirk, taking a bite of your cotton candy.

"Hyeee, sorry I'll stop calling you that then y/n-san!", Ranpo immediately said.

"No no! It's fine I like it keep using it.", you smile, but then quickly look away, blushing at what you just said.

"If you like it then I'll be sure to use it more often, y/n-chan!", Ranpo grinned.

"Fine by me Ranpo-kun.", you grin back.

a/n: HELLOOO!! i hope you all are having an amazing day!! and i hpe you all enjoyed this fun little chapter!! i love fairs myself so this was fun to write. i hope summer is going well for all of you :] lya sm and see u next chapter!! ('▽'ʃ(❤ƪ)