Mask

The first thing that hit you once the door was open, was the smell. It was nothing compared to the smell you had whiffs of during the walk here. It was so strong. It made your head spin like crazy.

"Ah y/n! Welcome to your nightmare!", the cab driver repeated, pulling you in the room, shutting the door behind you both.

It was almost pitch black in the room. You couldn't see a thing once the door was closed. You heard shuffling around you, and felt something being placed on your face.

"Here, we don't want you dying now do we?", a muffled voice laughed behind you.

You opened your mouth, but nothing came out. Your breathing was normal, and you weren't in pain, but your words weren't coming out of your throat.

"Ahh I forgot your new to this whole show! This gas not only smells horrible, but it also affects your speech!", the muffled voice spoke again.

Your speech? This was something you hadn't even thought of. Why would they want to affect your speech? And why wasn't anyone else getting affected? Were they used to it? Or was there some other reason? You felt a shove as you were pushed forward, tripping as you went. The muffled voice, and another voice, the cab driver, were talking in hushed whispers, seemingly very far from you. Wait.. If they sounded so far from you, then who was pushing you?

"Someone turn on the damn lights!", the cab driver yelled from somewhere behind you.

Suddenly the room brightened up, you squinted your eyes from inside the mask. You couldn't make out any figures from under the mask. Just simple shadows and outlines. You could make out the figure of 4 people in the room.

"Oho y/n, you can take off the mask. Don't worry you won't die right now. I just said that for the effect of the situation.", the muffled voice laughed.

You decide to trust them after a moment of consideration. There wasn't much else of an option. You could try running but that would in no way work. You couldn't even see. As your finger tips touch the mask to take it off, it immediately turns into dust and falls to the ground. That's right, you didn't have your gloves on.

"Damn it Tadashi did you not do this too?", the cab driver annoyingly asked, pointing to the dust at your feet.

"It's not like Toge did the rats this morning!", the person standing next to the cab driver protested. The man with the muffled voice. He has a scarf wrapped around his mouth and neck, which was probably what made his voice muffled.

"I WAS TAKING A SHIT AND THEN FORGOT ABOUT IT TO HELP CHIKARA WITH THIS SITUATION!", the person standing next to those two yelled in defense.

"Hey wait where is Chikara?", the cab driver asked, looking around the room.

"OI YOU PERV GET OVER HERE!", Tadashi yelled. You jumped as you heard shuffling coming from behind you. So Chikara was the one who pushed you here.

"Wait hold on..", you spoke aloud, surprising yourself as your voice was very scratchy. Most likely because of the gas.

"Ah yes what it is?", the cab driver looked at you, sounding slightly pissed off.

"There are four of you.", you spoke again.

"Well yes I hope the gas didn't affect your sight. There are four of us. We work for Akihiko-kun- i mean san.", Tadashi said, correcting himself as they went.

"And your his, brother's kid correct?", Chikara asked, adjusting their tie as they moved to stand closer to the other three.

"They are.", the cab driver said, not giving you a chance to answer.

"Oi wait, what time is it?", Tadashi asked turning to Toge.

Toge took a quick glance at his watch before responding. "5:30."

"5:30!? WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THERE BY 5:06! YOU IDIOTS TOOK TOO LONG CHATTING, START MOVING!", the cab driver yelled out, grabbing everyone and pushing you all to another door at the end of the room.

"Where are we going?", you rasp out before the cab driver opened the door.

"To see your uncle of course! Consider this a reunion.", Chikara responded.

"Is this the nightmare part of this whole thing?", you asked, your throat feeling even dryer.

"Indeed it is!", Toge smiled, as the door was swung open.

a/n: wow look at me stretching out chapters and the plot so i have content to write 🤤anyways welcome to the a/n y'all!! ty all of yall who stuck around for this chapter and didnt stop reading!! i dont blame those of you who DID though because at this point idk where any of this is going. had some final things to finish up before i was completely free, and ik i keep saying this, but I SWEAR ILL TRY AND BE MORE CONSISTENT!! lya sm, ill see you next chapter  ('▽'ʃ♡ƪ) (happy pride month btw!! i finally have a reason to put ranpoe fanart in my fanfic ehhehe)