Dormitory

"Ranpo-san let's go!", you prod him as you fold your arms and tap your foot impatiently.

Ranpo had wanted to stop at the bakery before he showed you where you would be staying.

"Hold on! I can't decide between these two. Strawberry cream or macha cream?", Ranpo thoughtfully asked you, peering at the two cream topped custards.

"Strawberry.", you tell him, and turning to the cashier, taking the money out of your wallet and handing it to her.

"Strawberry it is!", Ranpo shrugged as he followed you out of the bakery, after you received the dessert from the cashier.

You walk over to the taxi driver, who was patiently waiting outside. He opens the front passenger seat for you as you climb in, then going around to open the backseat for Ranpo.

"Can I have it now?", Ranpo simply asks, pointing to the dessert you were still holding in a paper bag.

"You can have it when we get there.", you snicker, satisfied that you had taught him somewhat of a lesson.

"Not a very nice way to treat the person whose going to show you where you're going to live.", Ranpo grumbles from the backseat as you let out a small giggle.

The taxi driver was getting some amusement out of this, letting a small laugh escape his mouth, making Ranpo even more frustrated.

"Oh! Do you mind stopping here for a sec?", you quickly wave your hand for him to stop the car in front of a large apartment building, remembering something that you had completely forgotten because of the chaos of the day.

"What are we here for?", Ranpo asks, peering up at the huge building.

"Coincidently I got evicted from here yesterday, I just need to get some boxes right now, I'll get the rest later.", you respond, walking into the building.

Taking advantage of this opportunity, Ranpo quickly snatches the custard, stuffing it down in a mere 3 bites. Once you come back, you stuff the three boxes in the backseat next to Ranpo, and open the front seat passenger door to see the bag looking somewhat empty. Not paying much attention to it, you sit down as the taxi starts up again.

"Is this the place?", you ask as Ranpo asks the taxi driver to stop in front of a small apartment building.

"It is, you need help with the boxes?", Ranpo asks, getting out of the taxi.

"Of course I do, could you grab two boxes?", you laugh, grabbing the bag that custard was in, until Ranpo took it of course. Picking it up, you frown at how light it felt. Shaking it and not hearing anything, you pay the taxi fare and step out of the taxi. Right after you get out, you throw the empty paperbag at Ranpo, who was at this point wheezing as he was taking the boxes out of the backseat.

"You pig.", you scold, taking the last box, and then waving bye to the taxi driver.

"I can't believe you figured out if a bomb was fake or not, but couldn't see that the bag next to you was empty!", Ranpo laughed, shaking his head carrying the boxes up to a dorm room.

"In my defense I didn't actually think you wanted to eat it so bad.", you sigh, following up the stairs.

a/n: for reference, here's what the dorms look like if you didn't know. oh and also ik only the members of the age 18 and under , and dazai live in the dorms in the manga and anime, but for the sake of the story, we'll make akiko, ranpo, and kunikida also live there :)

 oh and also ik only the members of the age 18 and under , and dazai live in the dorms in the manga and anime, but for the sake of the story, we'll make akiko, ranpo, and kunikida also live there :)

(okay back to the story hehe)

"So this is my place?", you ask placing the box down, as Ranpo unlocked the door to the dorm.

"Under you is where Naomi-chan and Tanizaki-kun are, next to them is Atsushi-kun, and                    Kyouka-chan is with Akiko-chan in the room next to that. Kunikida-kun is at the end of the hall, Dazai-kun next to him, and my dorm is next to yours!", Ranpo quickly says in one breath, as you walk around the apartment.

"Wait so whose below me?", you ask, since you weren't really paying attention to what Ranpo was saying.

"Never mind, but if you need anything, I'm right next to you.", Ranpo grins, tipping his hat to you as he walks out of the dorm.

"Alright see you tomorrow at work then!", you wave to him, as he goes back down the stairs, leaving the dormitory area.

Sighing, you turn back to the boxes as you take your time to unpack. Taking your dad's picture, you hang it up next to the door, putting the small garland of flowers on top. After unpacking the rest of the boxes, containing a futon, kitchen stuff, and your clothes, you unravel the futon and crawl on. Lying down you spread your arms and look around the dorm.

"This is my life now I guess.", you smirk, feeling your eyes slowly start to flutter close.

a/n: helloooo!! welcome to the end of this chapter! im probably gonna update this book every other day only because of school and sum other stuff i have goin on (which is most likely procrastinating🤪) but as always hope you enjoyed ilya smmm beybye until next time <333