Cafe

"So you're basically a badass crime solving agency, but you guys are also gifted?", you laugh, taking a sip of the milkshake that was given to you by Dazai before he went of to flirt with poor waiter who had just come back from a break.

"Basically so.", Naomi nods her head, laughing a little.

"Are there more members?", you ask, looking around at the small group in the cafe with you.

"There are, but they should be out, or in their dorms. We aren't usually in the office on Saturdays. Kunikida just called everyone who was here, or nearby.", Atsushi said, pushing a plate of cookies toward you.

Taking one you silently chew, looking around at no where in particular.

"Speaking of which! Fukuzawa-san should be here soon, once he gives the go ahead, we can show you your dorm.", Ranpo calls over to you from the counter.

"You guys work quick!", you say, surprised that they already had a room provided for you.

"We had a spare room, don't think we prepared anything special for you.", Kunikida said, pacing around with his laptop.

"So y/n-san how did you know about the bomb?", Akiko asked, mixing her own smoothie up with her straw.

"Well one, these two were awfully quiet," you point to Lucy and the cafe owner, "The bomber would've at least tied them up. And Atsushi looks very young, you could've made Dazai or Akiko-san the bomber to make it more realistic. Oh and my dad worked on making show case bombs for events and parties, so that was a big give away.", you explain, making everyone in the cafe blush out of embarrassment .

"Y/n-san, the president is back, his office his upstairs, across from the main area.", Kunikida says, making you jump.

"Wait how did he get in?? I didn't see him come through this way-", you say confused.

"The president has tricks of his own.", Naomi laughs.

"Do you need me to show you the way?", Ranpo asks, as you get up.

"Nah I'm fine, but thanks for the offer.", you smile, heading upstairs to the office.

"Ah so you're y/n. Welcome! I heard you outsmarted everyone downstairs?", Fukuzawa smiled, gesturing his arm for you to sit down.

You laugh, sitting down in the chair in front of the desk.

"So you can make anything turn into thin dust? Just with your hands?", he asks, clamping his own hands together.

"Well anything over 10 pounds that is.", you say, fiddling with your gloves.

"Oh? How so?", he asks leaning forward, getting curious.

Instead of saying anything, you take of a glove and touch a pen on his desk. When nothing happens, you go over to the corner of the room and touch a huge plastic vase. As it quickly disappears, making the soil and plant drop on the floor, you turn to face him and slip your glove back on.

"I see. Tell Ranpo-kun to show you the dorms, if you don't already stay somewhere. Ah and all the work we do is confidential. Do you have anyone you have to share your work with?", Fukuzawa asked.

"I tell my dad most things.", you respond, moving to the doorway.

"He doesn't ever respond does he.", Fukuzawa sadly smiles at you.

"No, not usually.", you say quietly, leaving the room.

a/n: wowee look at me being deep 🤪🤪 but HEY I HOPE U ENJOYED THIS VERY SHORT CHAPTER! i hope you have an amazing rest of ur day byebye for now ^^