Headaches

You had a searing headache once you woke up the next day at around 10. You got up and washed your face, looking at yourself in the mirror. You had not at all slept well. Maybe it was the hangover, or the fact that you had been believing the believable for 2 years. What Ranpo had said last night made you question everything. You had asked him to leave after he stated that your father was murdered again. He left without saying a word, making you feel slightly guilty. But it was hard to even imagine that. Your father didn't have anyone that wanted to kill him! Well your pretty sure he didn't have anyone that wanted to kill him.

Groaning, you drag yourself to pick out some clothes to change into so you could at least show up to work. Apologizing to Ranpo was also something you probably should do. It wasn't his fault after all. He was just stating what you hadn't noticed. 

"Y/N! Why didn't you leave yet?", Dazai called to you, running over as you opened the door to the cafe below the agency.

"Headache, what's your excuse?", you crack a small smile, moving so Dazai could get in the building as well.

"No excuse, Kunikida-san will get mad at me either way.", Dazai grinned.

"San? Where did this sudden respect come from?", you ask, giving a shocked face.

"Yosano-san told me it would get me out of doing a lot of work.", he shrugged.

"Oh of course.", you laugh, amused at Dazai's antics. 

"Y/N ARE YOU OKAY? WHAT HAPPENED?", you were immediately swarmed by Naomi, Tanizaki, Atsushi, and Kunikida.

"Guys nothing happened what's wrong?", you laugh nervously, wondering if something actually had happened.

"WHY WERE YOU LATE WHERE'S DAZAI-SAN?", Atsushi franticly asked.

"Ohhh, I had a headache! And Dazai-kun is right over there.", you laugh, the worry falling off your shoulders.

"Oh phew.", Tanizaki sighed, turning around to go back to doing whatever he was doing.

"Oh good.", Atsushi smiled, before going to sit down.

"Alright now that that's sorted out, there are some case files that need to be checked, they should be on your desk.", Kunikida said, pointing to your desk.

"Er, alright thanks.", you say, sitting down at your desk, but not before giving a glance to Dazai, who was smirking at the scene that had just unfolded and folded again.

"What the hell have you done to people to get that reaction from everyone.", you laugh, sorting out the papers on your desk.

"Last time I accidently brought someone who I thought was Atsushi-kun. Turns out it wasn't and, er, he kinda sorta wrecked the whole agency trying to leave. He thought he was being held hostage.", Dazai rubbed the back of his neck before sinking down onto his chair and spinning around.

"Hey have any of you seen Ranpo-san?", Akiko poked her head into the office.

"He's not on a case?", you asked.

"No, he isn't, which is the problem.", Akiko sighed, waving a paper. "I need him to take up this case."

"What is it?", you ask.

"Some robbery case.", she responded, sighing, before she turned around to leave.

"Wait! I'll take the case!", you jump up, taking the chance to push the paperwork until later.

"You sure? Here you go I guess. These are the suspects and more details about the case.", Akiko raised her eyebrow before turning back around and handing you the case file.

You skim through the page, before your eyes widen. Your mouth slowly drops open. You grip the desk behind you. Why was your dad on that page. Feeling the headache come surging back, you roll your eyes back and fall to the ground, hearing four voices call to you before you hit the ground. Kunikida, Akiko, Dazai, and Ranpo.

a/n: HELLO AHEHEH!! WELCOME TO THE END OF ANOTHER SHORT CHAPTER :] i hope you enjoyed it!! ah also little self plug, i have a head cannon book now!! ill be updating it almost daily >:D yall have a great day and ill see you again in a few days bye bye mwah mwah.