Chapter 24: (Thorin's POV)

It seemed that something was bothering bilbo. What? I will never deceiver, but one thing is set in my mind, I want to end his pain. Yes, yes that is very crazy of me to think, pain comes with life, but there is some pain I can take away from this suffering hobbit. As I sit here now, in the night looking up at the star filled sky, wondering if something could come and safe us all from this war that was sure to come, Bilbo rolled over. I looked over to him and saw his small sleeping form, the sleeping hobbit looked years younger and looked so peaceful. It was hard not to fall for him, but it was also hard to forget what was on the horizon.

The next morning, it began to rain. It reminded me of the better times I have had before all of this.... Drama. The rain seemed to make me forget (even for a moment) the death and suffering that was sure to come. We moved as one, through the empty streets, knowing there will be no survivors. "We found people!" I heard my nephews and a couple others shout I grabbed Bilbo's hand. We ran to the broken down shack and saw the missing part of our company, and much to my dismay a red headed dwarf.

"The dragon was something of imagination. He destroyed the whole village in less than an hour."

"We are glad you are safe, and now we can move on with less worry of your death."

I looked at bilbo, who had spoke before I could. I knew why he did it too, to keep the Elvin woman and I from fighting, half of me cursed him the other half of me thanked him. As my thoughts battled each other, we picked up the injured dwarfs and carried them. The Elvin woman seemed to be un harmed, so she walked beside one of the injured ones, whispering to him and squeezing his hand. My eyes soon drifted from the path ahead, to a certain hobbit, who was walking along side Bofur, talking in hushed voices. He seemed to be troubled more so now than I've seen him before. And that worried me, worried me to death.