Chapter 23: (Bilbo's POV)

"Thorin?" I screamed out in my dream. All I could see was the trees in the dark Forrest I ran in, and the only sound that rang through the dank air was a masculine scream which I knew belonged to my beloved dwarf. "Please, help me..." I stopped in my tracks and looked over into a clearing. There, laying in the middle of the clearing was a badly bleeding Thorin. The pale moonlight rained down from the heavens and illuminated his skin, making his blood shine. "Thorin!!" I called out and ran over to him. When I reached the dwarf, he was barely breathing and the only way he could speak was in gasps of air. He died slowly in front of my eyes.

"No!!" I screamed and sat up from my place on the roof. My breaths came in as pants as I came down from my post-dream state. I took in my surroundings slowly as my eyes fell upon a sleeping Thorin. 'Thank the heavens I didn't wake him up.' I thought to myself and shifted slightly. My lover stirred next to me and awoke from his slumber with a yawn,

"Bilbo?"

"Yes Thorin?"

"Why are you still awake?"

"Nothing it's fine."

Thorin sat up next to me and gave me a look, saying he knew other wise.

"What is it really?"

"Well.."

I hesitated for a minute or two, wondering of I should relive the memory of my re-accruing nightmare, or make something up.

"A nightmare.."

"About?"

"You died in front of me, an I was too late to save you.."

That's when I broke down, I knew I should have kept it together but sometimes a person could only take so much. Thorin shushed me and pulled me into his chest. He rubbed my back soothingly, trying to comfort my sobs which raked my shoulders with each passing one. Soon, my sobs became dry heaves, and Thorin tilted my chin to face him,

"I am not going anywhere, I am not dieing today or tomorrow. We may be in a war, but I know I can guarantee you one thing, and that is I will live to see the 'morrow."

He kissed me softly and I couldn't help but kiss him back. I never knew Thorin could be this sweet, maybe I should have nightmares more often. In the middle of our kiss, a distant roar came tearing through the bitter night air, making us pull apart with a smack. I looked in the distance and saw something I dreaded, fire, so much fire. "We have to move."

"I don't blame you Thorin."

"Somehow, we have to end this."

"We will. But we must prepare and find Gandolf."

He nodded and looked off into the distance, I looked into it too and wondered, why do we suffer such a fate of death?