Chapter 11.-Keep A Secret.

Will's POV

"When are you going to tell Nisa?" My best friend and lover asked, glaring at me after I ended my phone call. He grabs another flute of champagne from a nearby waitress' tray.

"I need a little more time, Sean. You know why I married her. You know all about the history of our families." I glared back at Sean.

Sean relaxes his muscular, lean body in the massive lounge chair of the VIP area. Once again, he ignores my outbursts, but I must admit that Sean looks handsome as always in his all-white tailored outfit. The color is a stark contrast to his reddish-brown skin.

Sean and I have been friends since I moved to Charlotte in 2004. I'm originally from Colver, NC but some family issues forced us to move. Now Sean and I are damn near millionaires with our construction company. He's always been an intelligent man. I was attracted to him, but Sean didn't understand my father. He doesn't know what I've gone through to earn his respect. Being with Sean would not look good in the eyes of my father.

But Nisa Matthews was an ideal choice, especially since her family has ties to Colver and the Matthews' wealth. Nisa's mother married the last living Matthews relative from my father's generation. And George Sr's last living wish was for me to marry Nisa. My father instilled in me that I can have fun, but money is the motivation.

"Image is everything," I muttered.

"What?" Sean barked over the loud music before reaching for another glass of champagne.

Coming back to the present, I remember where I am.

Paris!

"Nothin', Hey, pass me another one of t-those."

"No, sir, I think you've had enough. I don't need you to be super sloppy when our party favors come by in a few minutes."

"Yes, sir," I gave him a mock salute. Walking back, I take a seat next to Sean.

As soon as we touched down in the city of love, it was all business until about an hour ago when our clients recommended we visit our current location, a packed nightclub, and enjoy the city until construction begins on Monday.

I feel his eyes burn into my temple, knowing what he's about to say next.

"Okay, this is the last time I'm going to bring it up."

"It's not!" I scowled.

"Shut up, and let me say this. As a homosexual man, I truly don't care about one's sexual preference. But it's the lying and constant cheating on your wife is fucked up." Sean darkly chuckled. "I can confirm that you have fucked me more than your wife this month alone. My single ass doesn't need this kind of karma when I find someone-"

"There's no one better than me," I smirked." Besides, You'll always be my first choice..."

"Don't interrupt me. I allow it because we are phenomenal business partners, and your head game is the bomb, but Nisa doesn't deserve this. You are not only lying to her, but you're lying to yourself-"

"I know, I know, Sean. How many times are we going to go over this? We're in PARIS, and I want to have a good time." I interrupted, flagging a waitress for a refill. Once my glass is filled and the waitress is away, I continue. "I will tell her, alright? Let's have a great time and wait for our company to arrive. The app said they would be here, right?"

Sean quickly glances at his phone before confirming." Yes, our party favors are here. Two top-quality men worth every penny but tomorrow, you will tell her and don't try to distract me with the views of Paris. You will say it tomorrow."

"Sure," I cooly lied.

Suddenly a bulky security guard walks over to us, stating we have two guests waiting to join us. I make eye contact with Sean before taking another sip of my drink.

"Please send them up,"

>>>

Nisa's POV

"Sam... please stop," I admonished, pulling away from him before getting back on my feet. Sam plops on the couch, bewildered. I know he overheard the conversation I had with my husband. I also know he's trying to distract me from the thoughts of Will having a blast without me.

"I'm sorry" Sam sits on the couch, correcting the crotch of his shorts.

Uncomfortable with the whole situation, I awkwardly offered Sam a way out. "W-Wow, the time has flown by today. It's um approaching dinner time soon. If you have somewhere to be"

Sam gets on his feet. I know he can see how nervous I am. "If you're about to push me away after everything we've done. save your breath." he glanced at the time on the television screen. "Damn, time is moving fast. I saw some steaks in the fridge-"

"Let's go out to eat," I suggested. I shocked myself with my suggestion.

Shocked, Sam agrees, "Sure, if that's what you want. I would love to take you out, Nee."

"O-okay, I need some time...alone to get ready," I responded anxiously, rubbing my left arm.

"Sure, whatever you need. I live, um, several houses down. I'll be back to pick you up." Sam glanced back at the time on the television. "I'll come back in about 2 hours. I know a few perfect places I want to take you," he smirked, placing his hands on my shoulders, massaging them." Is that okay?"

"Okay, Sam." I smiled and started to feel relaxed. My conversation with Will didn't sit well with my spirit, and I had an urge to get out of the house I shared with my husband.

"Okay, go get ready. I will see you shortly," Sam smirked. He pulls his clothes from behind a pillow on the loveseat and makes his way to the front door with me hot on his sexy tail. Sam puts on his shoes and walks out the door, pausing, looking at me. "Nee, I know you have a lot of thoughts running through your head right now, but I want you to remember one thing. Whether you believe me or not, I'm not going anywhere. Wherever you go, I will go. Don't fight this. The love I'm about to show you will be earth-shattering, and that's the least you deserve." He leans in, his lips barely touching my own. When I make a promise, I intend to keep it, especially regarding you.  I will see you in two hours." Sam concluded, leaving with his clothes bundled tightly under his arm, wearing only those tight-ass basketball shorts and shoes as the sunsets.

Crazy white boy.

My mind swiftly drifts to Will. It's obvious he's hiding something from me. I just can't pinpoint what it is. Will said he wouldn't have any time to spend with me. But not only does Will not care enough to call and check in, but he's also partying up at a club.

I love Will and pride myself on being loyal and keeping my image intact but today proved that I need more. There might be someone out there who will not only fill my needs but also appreciate the effort I put into any relationship. Work supersedes everything with Will.

As Sam's figure disappears down the sidewalk, I close the door, locking it and resting my back against it. Thinking.

Perhaps I'll use these next few weeks under the radar. That will give me enough time to figure out my next step with Will and have some innocent fun on the side. I started rationalizing off a list of rules and barriers."  There's no way I will fall for Sam. We'll be friends. The Kitchen incident was a one-time thing." I whispered as I walked to my bathroom to get ready. I stopped to look at the picture of Will and me on our wedding day in the foyer.

I remembered how happy we were that day, but something was missing. The twinkle in Sam's eyes now wasn't present with Will. I never saw that twinkle with Will. Replaying the conversation I had with my husband made me frown. Will's keeping a secret.

"I can keep a secret too, Will," I sneered, walking to my bedroom.

AES
Thanks for reading!
Apologies in advance for any grammar/spelling mistakes.