Chapter 2-Finally, We Meet Again.

Nisa's POV

We awkwardly enter a busy upscale cafe  five minutes away from the office building.

I decided to save Samuel's statement in the back of my mind. Hopefully, I can get through this business lunch unscathed by Samuel's flirting.

Following the hostess, we are escorted to a booth in the back, away from most customers. It's a quaint spot. I scooted into the closest seat. Assuming I sit alone, I quickly place my purse in the space next to me. Mr. Wiseman chooses the seat in front of me. While I remove my jacket, Samuel casually grabs my bag and swiftly places it in my lap, sitting next to me. Stunned, I stare holes into Samuel's smirking side profile until a waitress greets us.

"Welcome back, Jeff! I see you have two new faces joining you today" The waitress pulls out her notepad, ready to take orders, while she bats her eyes at Samuel.

"Yes, I will have my usual. You guys order anything you want." Mr. Wiseman gives the waitress his menu before taking off his suit jacket.

"What can I get you, ma'am?" the waitress asked.

I didn't have a chance to eat breakfast, so initially, I planned on pigging out with Ashley. But since my boss and future boss invited me to lunch, I say the first thing I see on the menu, "Uh, I will take a glass of water and a chef salad with Italian dressing." I sadly handed the waitress my menu.

"And for you, handsome?" the waitress subtly bites her lip, looking at Samuel.

"I will have the special, an order of fresh-hot mozzarella sticks and a beer." Sam barked, never removing his eyes from the menu. Quickly glancing up at our server, Sam practically throws his menu at her to catch it.

What an asshole.

The waitress haphazardly grabs the menu before placing her arms behind her back as she pushes her chest out suggestively, "What kind of beer?"

Why do you keep trying, girl?

"Surprise me," Samuel responded, placing his giant muscular arm on the back of the booth's seat surrounding my neck and shoulders.

Up close, the guy looks more prominent than I thought. I guess he's at least 6'3", about two inches taller than Will, but that's as far as I'll let my thoughts go gazing at his muscular legs.

Someone clears their throat. I look up to Samuel, staring right back at me.

Damnit! Keep your eyeballs to yourself, Nisa!

The waitress looks at me and then at Samuel. Rolling her eyes, she walks toward the kitchen to place the orders.

"Anyway...so Sammy-boy, how was your move to Charlotte?" Mr. Wiseman asked, breaking the tension. He casually clasped his hands together.

With Samuel's left arm damn near around my shoulders, he replies. "Pretty smooth, Jeff. I have a shit ton of boxes to go through. But I'm just glad to be closer to my happiness," He reflexes, hugging my shoulders. The clean scent of his expensive cologne fills my senses. I tried everything within my willpower not to rub my face into his chest. "I hope my woman will like the penthouse I bought in Uptown. It could use her feminine touch." He smirked.

So Mr. Handsome has a lady. But he can't keep his damn hands to himself. Samuel is the type of guy that uses his prestige and good looks to coast through life. Now that I think about it, I am having lunch with the owner, so I'm probably right.

Samuel is privileged as fuck.

He's probably a cheater too. I would never resort to that type of behavior. No matter how miserable I feel in my marriage, I would stay faithful to William because he's essential in turning me into the woman I am today. I owe him.