Chapter 6

Sweat rolled down to my neck, and my eyes were shining with fear. Genya was on her knees next to me, and so was I. She had a hand to my back and for a slight wierd reason, she was holding my hair in her hands. Then, I felt a shock of pain in my leg. What happened? Where am I? I slid down on the floor, and held my stomach crouching with my forehead pressed to the floor. I saw Mal...I saw Mal, and Mum. In pain. I saw the blood smeared all over me. Her blood. I got to my knees and vomited all over the floor, as Genya was still holding my hair up. I then sit back up, and rested on my back, feeling the misery come back up. 

" W-w-what happened?" I stuttered until I noticed I was shivering with ice in my veins. 

" I don't know. You tell me what happened. For all Saints, you never will give me a warning before you .....well, break out." Genya pointed out. I felt the sweat tickle down my nose, as I wiped it away with my cold skin. 

" What. Happened." I snarled. Genya letted go get of my hair, and it went around my face like curtains. I tasted a metal taste drilling in my tongue. I coughed something up on the floor again. Blood. But black blood, pitch black. Genya held my hair with her fingers again, looking at a wall, like she's experienced this several times. She read my thoughts by my facial expressions, as she replied, " Many times. With the kind and his drunk body." she scoffed. That face, the one where I mentioned the king in front of her. Disgusted. Played with. 

" What happened?" she whispered close to my ear. I winced by the thought of the question, but I curled a piece of my hair to the back of my ear as I said, " My weak spot." I whispered. Genya had her brows up, still looking at me with confusion. I pulled my pants up to my calve, and in the middle appeared a violent thick scar, crossing over my leg. " I earned it. The night my mother....died in a war between Shu and Fjerdan."A tear rolled down my cheek, but I brushed it away fast, not wanting to feel weak about myself. " I lost my brother too. Tortured. Betrayed. That's when I find out I...was chosen, by the Saints. But I saw her, my mother. She bled in my arms, and he came. He was on me, but I killed him...and I felt happy. Is that normal...feeling happy killing the Darkling?" Genya was looking at me, and I knew she thought I was crazy. Very crazy. But instead with my suprise, she got up and left with no word, but before I could call her, I clutched my stomach with pain and coughed up blood. She thinks I'm crazy. am crazy. Everyone is absurd. I just want to see a familiar face, Mal's face. Not Mums. Not Dads. Mals. I wanted to see his brown soft eyes, his short hair, his rough tiny hands. He grew up, without a family. Without a mother. Or did he even grow? Did he even have a chance to breath? Waterfalls of tears feel down to my neck, and I let my lungs grow with fury, as I screamed and yelled with anger, feeling the darkness rise in my veins. The door slammed open and Genya ran in, then held me tight by the arms. I screamed and cried with anger as I shuddered, but when I looked down to my arm, the darkness of shadows were growing and I breathed in, crying in Genya's arms. I fell to my knees, ripping my throat, and drops of blood dripped down neck to arms. Genya was watching me, and she looked like she was going to cry. She did. Tears were filled in her eyes, and she ran to me again, calling for a Heartender, but I was still crying and yelling. For Mal. Mal. It was for Mal. No one else... But the door was ripped open again, as the Darkling appeared, with fear and fury across his face. 

He ran to me with his feet stomping on the floor, his hair messed up in his face. The Darkling's nose was scrunched from his mouth crunched into his teeth. But right when I grabbed the knife from the nearest table, I shot myself right at him, but he twisted me around and held my wrists tight ,holding me to his chest. I cried with more anger as I pushed him as hard as I could, but he didn't budge. I cried and cried as the knife was still alive in my palm, but his hands were still grabbed onto my wrist, and he let me hit him. He let me hit him with anger and fury, and I pushed my fits into his chest, as a silent crack came from his ribs.  But he was still pushed against me, and I didn't see a slight wince in his furious face. His arms were wrapped around me, and he went down knee to knee with me on the floor, as I was still digging my nails into his kefta. 

" You. Took. Everything. From. Me!!!" I screamed with fury. And by the time I aimed for his heart with my blade, my eyes closed and opened. My head was stuffy and my vision turned blurry. My tears were soaked into my skin, as I felt red growing under my eyes. I felt my head hit against the Darkling's chest, and I smelled his strong betraying smell, as the blur in my eyes turned into darkness. 

                                                                               <><>

My eyes drooped over my skin, and I felt a sensation over my spine to my leg. The smell of musky and woodsy pines filled in my nose. I felt a rough fabric against my eyelashes, but I looked up too see the Darkling looking at the wall, like he knew I was awake. He did. A blanket was layed over me to my legs as I felt the warmth. But I pushed off the Darkling's chest as used my power to lift myself up. I looked around to the window to see the night starlight sky glowing to my eyes. I turned to the Darkling, staying calm to myself,as I whispered, " What did you do to me?" 

The Darkling got up from his seat, but I didn't take one step back. He let out a big sigh as he said clearly, " You seemed  tired. Your welcome." He lifted his brows up to his hair, but his bags under the black cold eyes of his told me he slept too. " If you're ready, I would like to have a conversation with you." he said as he sat on a stool with a grunt, putting his weight on his knees. He just stared into my eyes,waiting, like a maniac. I crossed my arms to my hips, and scoffed, " No, I'm absolutely not ready! I never will be!"  He let out a soft chuckle under his breath, but went he calm, to furious. " Fine, stay here forever. Make me your villain." And then he left, but he poked his head out from the door and whispered, " I'll be waiting."